Thursday, September 27, 2012


Hello everyone.  I didn't drop off the face of the earth again.  LOL.  It's just been a busy, stressful, and hectic week for me.  Since we live in a housing authority apartment, they have to be inspected from time to time.  This month just happen to be the ANNUAL Inspection.  That meant that everthing had to be in top notch order.  Me and hubby still had some boxes stacked up in our room that needed to be gone thru and something done with the stuff in them, so Sunday afternoon, we did that.  Oh my, was that a job.  I am able to do so much myself.  So, Monday and Tuesday I did a little bit each day.  Tuesday night, I had swept and hubby said he would mop when he got in from work that night.  I tell ya, that sweeping about got the best of me and I have been paying for it ever since then.  The lady came Wednesday afternoon around 1:00p.m. and inspected our apartment and I just hope everything was in good shape.  Before we moved in here, they had come in and redone the whole apartment.  They put in new tile, a new gas cook stove, and a new refrigerator.  They also redone the walls and had repainted them.  Also, new blinds was put up.  So, since it was still in pretty good condition, I'm hoping we past it.  The whole housing authority apartments got inspected.  Some got done on the 19th and I chose ours to be on the 26th.  Also, for the first 6 months you live here, they do a monthly inspection.  We had our first one in August and this month also counted as one.  That is 2 down and 4 more to go before we are done with the monthly inspections.  After the 6 months, it will be just a yearly inspection.  Now, don't think I keep a dirty house.  I do keep it clean and the girls help out alot, but with all my health conditions, I can only do so much.  It has had me stressed out so bad all week tho.  It was to the point of me having some chest pains and all that stuff.  Okay, enough of the whining about the inspection.  It's done and over with now.

We had some Thunderstorms this morning.  Wasn't nothing severe, which I am glad of that, but got some more much needed rain.  Also got another round later this afternoon.  Another cool down is coming for the weekend.  It has been so warm and humid again this week.  That didn't help with my congestive heart failure one bit.  I'll just be glad when it decides to stay one way.  However, I did see a video from The Weather Channel this morning where it was showing a 3-month forecast for temperatures and wouldn't you know it, it has us being warmer than normal.  I sure hope that changes.  We need a good cold Winter to kill all the bugs, especially the mosquito's.  We had a mild Winter this past year.  I don't mind Snow, but just no Ice. 

The girls had cheer practice yesterday afternoon after School.  After I picked them up from that, we came home and had some leftovers from Tuesday night.  I had fixed a bowl of Tuna Fish and fried some potted meat and eggs toghether and there just happen to be enough for leftovers last night.  I was so tired and in so much pain that I didn't feel like going to Church last night.    They got out of school today at 2:15p.m. because it was parent-teacher conference day.  Me and my youngest daughter went up there this evening and both of the girls are doing pretty good so far.  This is only half way into the first 9 weeks, so, they still have time to do even better. 

I had a doctor's appointment this afternoon at 3:30p.m. here with my regular doctor.  I told her about the chest pains I had been having and how I have been feeling.  She listened to me breathe and said I had some congestion.  So, she gave me a Z-pack antibiotic to take and some cough medicine.  I won't be able to get the cough medicine until tomorrow.  They are also going to be setting me up for a CT-Scan on my left Kidney.  Last year when I had a back set from my hysterectomy and was having to go to the wound doctor every week, they had sent me for one then.  Well, it came back with something on my left kidney.  My gynocologist was wanting to send me to a Urologist for further testing.  But, going to the wound doctor every week, that ran all of my doctor's visit out for the physical year on Medicaid.  So, I wasn't able to go.  I think that since my Gynocologist said the tumors in me when I had my hysterectomy was pre-cancerous, was taking precautions.  So, I'll have to wait until they get me set up for the CT-scan to have that check.  My regular doctor also said something about me may have to have a stress test on my heart.  I sure hope not because I had one a few years back and it was horrible.  I'm afraid if I do one now, I may kill over or have a heart attack or another stroke.  I just hope she don't end up sending me to have one. 

Since it was kind of late when I fixed supper tonight, I just fried some bologna and we had fried bologna and cheese sandwiches with some chips.  It was almost 6:00p.m. before I was able to start doing that. 

Guess I will go for now and do a little visiting before I have to wash up some dishes.  The girls are getting their showers and have both been working on a Book Report that is due tomorrow.  Just makes me mad when they want to wait till the last minute to do something.  LOL.   Everyone have a great evening and may GOD Bless you and yours.


Karen H.

1 comment:

Jackie said...

Sounds as if you have had a busy time Karen. Hope things settle down for you soon.