Followers

Friday, September 28, 2012

FRIDAY-MOTHER AND DAUGHTER NIGHT

Good evening bloggers.  It's another Friday night here in Northeast Arkansas and it's just me and my girls.  I picked them up from School this afternoon and we went by Sonic and got us a Route 44 Drink.  We do this every afternoon after school, since the Route 44's are half price.  Can't beat a deal like that.  We went to our local grocery store after that so I could find something to fix for supper.  I was going to do something quick and easy from the frozen foods, but ended up buying things to actually cook.  I'll explain later on.

It has been another rainy day here.  I'm still waiting on the cooler temperatures to arrive.  It's still humid out there to me.  I been doing some work here in the house and I have been sweating even with the Air-Conditioner on.  LOL.  I'm hoping tomorrow when I wake it, the cooler temperatures will be here. 

I started taking my Z-pack tonight that my doctor prescribed for me yesterday.  I had to take 2 tonight and then I will only have 1 to take the next 4 days.  Hubby gave me some money to go and get my cough medicine today because I didn't have any money on me yesterday.  I will take a dose of that tonight before I go to bed. 

For supper tonight, I fixed homemade Steak Fajita's.  I have fixed them once before and decided to do it again tonight.  Our youngest daughter helped me out by cutting up the peppers and onions to go in them.  I had cut up the Sirloin Steaks, most of them anyway, and she done 3 of them for me.  That sure is a job, but so worth it in the end.  I had also bought a box of Velveeta Queso Blanco Cheese(white cheese) and the youngest daughter cut it up for me and made the cheese dip to go with chips.  So, Steak Fajita's and chip and dip ain't too bad for a Friday night.  Even tho I had packed hubby a cooker with some sandwiches and chips and cakes, I sent him a text and told him what I was cooking and asked him if he wanted me to bring him some.  Of course, he said yes.  So, after I had them all done, I packed him up some and me and the girls took him some to eat to his work.  His work is only about 8 miles down the road.  After we got back, I heated everything back up and me and the girls ate.  I am still stuffed.  Then, I washed up dishes and folded up some clothes and washed another load and it is in the dryer now.  I even bought some Blue Bunny Ice Cream that was on sale to eat.  I think we are all still stuffed from Supper tho.  Don't worry, it will get eaten, maybe not tonight, but it's in the freezer for us to eat when we get ready for it. 

After we got home from the store this afternoon, the internet,  cable, and phone was all out.  I called them and they said it was out all over town and the technicians had been dispatched and was working on it.  It all just came back on about 45 minutes ago.  I was beginning to think I wasn't going to be able to make a post, but I was able to. 

We have a busy day tomorrow.  It is my Dad's 83rd Birthday.  We are going down there and have lunch with him and my Mom.  He told Mom he was wanting some grilled Hamburgers because it had been a while since he had had some, so, I guess he is going to grill some.  Mom is going to have some other things to go with them.  I plan on taking my regular camera with me, so I can be able to download them to my computer and hopefully share them maybe on Sunday night. 

Guess I will go and visit the only few that visit me and then lay down for a spell.  Hope everyone has a great weekend and may GOD Bless each and everyone of you.

XOXOXOXO

Karen H.

1 comment:

Jackie said...

Steak fajitas sound very scrumptious. Wish I knew how to make them. Please share your recipe!!!