Followers

Tuesday, February 5, 2008

TORNADIC TUESDAY

Good Tuesday Evenin' Yall,
I do hope that everyone had a safe and surviving Tuesday. It was a bad day here in Arkansas and Tennessee as well. The last couple of days has been Spring like here. Both days the temperature got up to 72 degrees. I turned my A/C on yesterday because it had done got warm inside the house here. It is currently 61 degrees as I'm typing this tonight. Today was suppose to have been "SUPER TUESDAY". But, as you can see from the picture above, it turned into "TORNADIC TUESDAY" here in the Mid-South. The picture above is from http://www.arkansasmatters.com/. It is a picture of a Tornado in Atkins, AR. Atkins is off of Interstate 40 near Russellville, AR. They got hit bad earlier tonight. If you would like to see some more pictures from there, just go to the web site that I posted. Here is some updated information on their website.

There are seven confirmed fatalities in the state of Arkansas. The Arkansas Department of Emergency Management is reporting injuries in Pope, Conway, Baxter, Newton, Stone, and Van Buren counties. Fatalities are coming in from Pope County, Conway County, Baxter County and Van Buren County. We have crews all over the natural state. We'll bring you the very latest as more information comes available.

Also, the city of Mt. View, AR, got hit hard tonight as well. I know the Emergency Room in Mt. View took a bad hit. I was told that they transported people to a Nursing Home in Mt. View. Mt. View is a tourist town. One of our local t.v. station reporters told tonight on our local news that homes are destroyed and businesses are destroyed. I don't have any pictures to show of Mt. View right now, but sometime tomorrow, if you click on http://www.kait8.com/, you will probably see some pictures of the damage in Mt. View and other places here in our area. Here in our area all we got was some heavy rains and thunder and lightening. The wind did blow a little, but nothing major. We had been under a Tornado Watch for most of the day and still are until Midnight. Around 8:30p.m., they put us under a Tornado Warning. They sounded the sirens here in our town. There was a Tornado that was moving up from the Southern Counties and we were to catch the tail end of it. That is why they sounded the sirens here. "THANK YOU" GOD for watching over us today and tonight. You are an AWESOME GOD!!!! I tell ya, I was really scared this evening when the Tornado Warnings started getting issued around us. I was doing my best to stay calm for the girls. They were scared too. They asked me a couple of times to pray for them. I gathered them with me and we held hands and I said a prayer for us and the Tornadic Storms. When they sounded the sirens here tonight, we left and was going to go to our other house where there is a storm cellar. As I was fixing to drive off, my MIL called me and wanted to know where I was going and I told her. She asked if we wanted to come to her house and the girls said yes. She lives in a Government Complex where her apartment is in between 2 other apartments. We got there just in time because the rain came down. We stayed there till about 9:30p.m. and we came home because everything was moving on East of us across the Mississippi River. Earlier in the day, Memphis, TN, and some suburbs of Memphis got hit with a Tornado as well. If you would like to see some pictures of that damage, go to http://www.wreg.com/ and http://www.wmctv.com/. Also, Jackson, TN, has been hit as well. The Hickory Ridge Mall in Memphis, got hit bad. The Sear's store got tore up really bad and the roof came off of the whole Mall. They have video's and pictures on both websites to look at. There has been some fatalities over in Memphis as well. There won't be an exact amount of damage until daylight tomorrow. I'm sure the NWS will have people out assessing the damages. Please, I ask that everyone remember all the victims that have lost everything and loved ones in this Tornadic Tuesday and remember them in your prayers. My Parents were under a Tornado Warning about the same time we were, but all that happened there was they lost power. We didn't lose power this time. "PRAISE GOD". I would like to commend our local t.v. station, http://www.kait8.com/ for doing such a wonderful job in keeping up with the storms here in our area today and tonight. The KAIT8 Storm Team people did an excellent job. They started working around 4:30p.m. this afternoon and continued until about 9:45p.m. tonight. They interrupted regular programming to stay on the air constantly keeping track of the weather. Some people don't like it when their t.v. show is interrupted, but I tell you one thing, I had rather miss a non-important show and listen to what the weather is doing or going to do. Lives are very important, t.v. shows aren't. That is just my personal opinion tho. Ryan, Sarah, and Chris, yall did an outstanding job and I am very proud of you 3. Keep up the good work.
Now, I guess my weather report is over with for a while. I haven't posted in a couple of days as you can tell. Our youngest daughter is better and "THANK YOU" each and everyone for the prayers you said for her. Monday morning when she got up, she was still feeling just a tad bit ill, so I kept her home for safe measures. She did go back to School today tho. I have not been sick, knock on wood. I have just been going thru something, which I don't want to share right now, and I just haven't had the will power to do a post. I did do some visiting the last couple of nights tho. "THANK YOU" each and everyone of you who said prayers for me going thru my situation. I do appreciate each and everyone of them. You see, I suffer from depression and panic attacks. I have been doing this since our youngest daughter was born. I take an Anti-Depressant Pill at night before I go to bed. I don't know if it was due to the fact that I had children late in life or what. I was 34 years old when our oldest daughter was born and 36 when our youngest daughter was born. I know that doesn't seem old since there are some ladies having babies in their 40's and beyond now a days. I am very tender hearted as well. I don't like to get my feelings hurt. Someone can just say the least little thing or do the least little thing, and it really upsets me. I'm just a very emotional person to say the least.

There's not been much going on around here the last couple of days except for the Tornadic Weather we had today. I did do 4 loads of laundry today because I was afraid we might lose power and the girls needed some clean clothes for the rest of the week as well. We went up to Backwoods BBQ again tonight for our supper. I just didn't feel like cooking and wanted to hurry and have supper just in case the power did go off. After we got home, I made the girls get their baths early. After we got back from my MIL's house, they went to bed.

My DH will hopefully be home around 3:00 or 4:00a.m. in the morning. They have had another bad week. They made it to Salt Lake City, UT, on time. When they left there, they were ahead of schedule. Somewhere down the road, one of the tires on the truck started losing air. They pulled into a Truck Stop and had a new tire put on. That cost them about 2.5 hours of driving time. They made it on down to North Las Vegas, NV. When they left there, they were on their way to Kingman, AZ, to get on Interstate 40 to head back this way. Somewhere down the road there, the same tire started losing air again. They pulled into another Truck Stop and had to have a new Rim and Tire. That cost them another 2.5 hours of driving time. So, that has set them back about 5 hours in getting home. Now, since they have had that damage in Atkins, AR, off of Interstate 40 here in Arkansas, I don't know if they will be able to get thru or not. He has started having trouble with his cell phone as well. It keeps dying on him. He charges it up, but the battery doesn't last very long. The last time I heard from him tonight was around 6:17p.m. He said that he was about 30 miles into the State of Oklahoma. I have been trying to call him, but all it does is just go to his voice mail. Looks like my DH will be getting a new Cell Phone for his Valentine's Present from me this year. Ever since the girls got their new Cell Phones for Christmas, me and him both have been wanting one like theirs. I have noticed that they price on them have gone down about $20.00 since we bought the girls theirs. If he needs one, I will get it for him because it drives me crazy not being able to talk to him when I want to. It bothers him too because he can't call me when he wants to either. Also, if I buy him a new one, it will be a Tax Deduction for us at the end of the year. Since he has to use it for business, they consider it a Tax Deduction.

Well, guess I'll go for now. Just thought I would go ahead and do a post. It's late, but better late than never they say. Yall take care and have a great day. May God Bless You and Yours.

LOVE & HUGS,


58 comments:

Betty said...

I'm glad you and your family are safe from the storms. We are okay, too. We didn't get any damage to our home or our trees. It was bad surrounding us, but it didn't hit right where we live. I'm thankful to God for that.

I hope you get to feeling better, Karen. I know depression can be very bad. Have you thought about changing your antidepressant medication? Sounds like the one you are taking may not be working for you if you are still getting depressed. Keep us posted.

Cottage Contessa said...

Karen sweetie, I'm sorry you have been feeling hurt and sad. I think you are such a wonderfully kind hearted lady! I'm happy to hear that your daughter is feeling better though. Stay safe and warm from those storms sweetie.
Amanda (aka Cottage Contessa)

Mimi said...

Karen,
I was so relieved to read that you got through the tornadoes without being affected...When I saw on the news that there was severe weather in Arkansas I was very worried about you..especially knowing that your DH is gone out of town...
God took care of you again.. as He continues to do...
your DH should be home by now... so you have a wonderful day and enjoy being with him..
Blessings,
Mimi

dabrah said...

Hi Karen
By the time I surfaced this morning, three people had already left a comment on this post! I'm sorry to hear you've been feeling depressed. This is something I would never have guessed from the way you always seem to be so positive and bubbly, and also from the way you cope so well every time there's a problem. You always sort it out eventually, and then just get back on top again.
I'm so happy to hear your daughter is now better, and thank goodness the tornadoes bypassed you. I have to tell you, it all sounds really scary to me.
My cellphone battery is getting old, and it's starting to die quickly as well. I'm planning to get a new battery because I don't really want to replace the phone. It's a real girlie phone. It's silver with pink tulips painted on it, and if you switch the light off the screen turns into a mirror. You can also see yourself in the screen and take your own picture if you want. It was a special edition phone that was made to support breast cancer, and even though it looks a bit plasticy, I dropped it once as i was getting into the car, and didn't notice until I ran over it, and it was fine, just a small area got scratched.

Renie Burghardt said...

Good Morning, Karen,

Wow, what a night, huh? We had pretty much what you had. I have a son who lives in Russellville, and he was still at work (Entergy) when the tornado hit Atkins. He told me people were killed there. He also, at that point told me to go into the basement. I did, but by around 9 PM the tornado warning was lifted for our area. Of course, we were still having thunderstorms, but things got less scary, and I came back up. You are right, KAIT TV did a great job of keeping the region informed throughout the evening. (By way, I have a friend that works there, right on the air, too. Won't say who though. But she is terribly nice.)

I don't believe we had any damage around here, but I won't know for sure until daylight. It's just terrible about the areas that were damaged and the lives lost. I'll have to read about more about Mountain View, one of my favorite places to visit.

Anyway, we can sigh a great whew! for now, can't we? I am relieved and happy to hear you and the girls made it just fine, and I have been saying Thank You, Lord, since last night.

Well, I'd better end this for now. I'm just so glad you are all okay. Super Tuesday turned into Super Scary Tuesday night!

Thank you for the early post over at my place. I appreciate your concern. Take care, my friend. Have a wonderful day, and smile, the Lord loves you!

Big Hugs,

Renie

Anonymous said...

I had heard about these bad storms in your area and wondered if you were OK. Glad to hear that the worst passed by you.

Hope your DH makes it home OK.

Nonnas News said...

Karen, Im glad to hear that you and your family are safe from all the storms! I've been watching the news and hearing about all the damage there in Ark and Tn as well.

I'm so sorry to hear about your depression. You always seem so cheerful in your post. I hope you get to feeling better soon.

Take care and know your in our thoughts!

Patti

Sally said...

Thank the good Lord you all are safe. Horrific weather to say the least. I hope you get to feeling better; depression is so very difficult to deal with.

Please take care, and I'll talk with you later. (HUGS)

Hootin Anni said...

Well, first, I'm hoping that your blogging buddies [including me] aren't the ones that upset your feelings and put you in 'a funk'! You know your tender heart is part of our concern for you dear Karen.

Glad to hear that your area was okay after all the storms. I've seen a tornado from a distance of about 3-5 miles away, and I tell you, the silence that surrounded us at the time and watching the big huge black funnel in the horizon was NOT fun!! It's scary!!

You take care...hopefully you'll have a better day. {{hugs}}

Maggie R said...

Hi Karen,
Well you poor dear.... such a terrible storm, I am happy to hear you and daughters are safe,Seem to me you are in an area where a lot of these storms happen.....Thanks be to God for keeping you safe.
Sounds like your DH has had a time of it..I hope he made it home by now safe and sound.
We travelled through those areas 3 years ago. We just LOVED Temple Square in Sault Lake City.... Could have spent a month there but didn't have the time. We did get to see the Tabernackle Choir one evening......awesome!!!!
Loved the scenery in that area too...
Sorry to hear you suffer from depression. My 2 daughters do as well... The Younger one is on disability leave from her position at a bank. She is having a very hard time of it...
Hopefully the classes she is going to will help her.The older one has been dealing with it for years and is doing pretty well now. Praise God for small mercies.
I hope you can see the silver lining real soon. My thoughts and Prayers are with you.
I guess I better go and get on with whatever i am going to do to-day!! who knows.....
I LOVE to bead, but I just got some felt fabric which I'm dying to try, so I think I might do some fabric postcards.....
Stay safe my friend and come by anytime.... I always enjoy hearing from you
((((hugs)))))
Maggie
PS You have such warm weather. We had thunder storms and freezing rain this week.... Oh well the snow is nearly all gone, but more is on the way!!! That Groundhog said EARLY SPRING!!!! Yeah right...... he said so last year and we had the worst, cold rainy spring weather all of April...He LIES!!! hee hee

Judy said...

Karen, I'm happy to see ya'll are safe...I thought about you this morning when I was listening to the news...how awful. We are under a thunderstorm warning here in Montgomery until 10:00 but it's always scary what bad weather can do. I was caught in a tornado once and it's not something I want to do again! I've got a healthy respect for the weather. Take care and I'll talk to you soon - Judy

PAT said...

Karen I thought of all of you, in the mid south, when I heard the news this morning. We've had storms and hail the past couple of days/nights, but so far no tornado watches or warnings. I believe there was a watch a bit farther south from us. Our temps were so warm on Monday, then cold on Tuesday. "Good" conditions for tornadoes.

We have friends who stay in Mtn View Arkansas, every year, for a music festival. They have a 5th wheel and camp there.

Stay safe, storm season will be arriving before we know it and has already for you!

Pat

Michelle said...

So glad you are safe! I'm from Kansas, but you never get used to tornadoes.

I'm glad your daughter is feeling better too. Hope your hubby gets home safe!

Michelle

Mary said...

Karen,

I'm so sorry that you are experiencing depression and anxiety attacks. I have experienced depression since I was a child. I never had an anxiety attack until after my car accident in '88. They are devastating when they hit. My heart goes out to you. Like Anni, I hope it wasn't anyone of us that caused this. I continue to keep you in my prayers.

I will be praying also for the folks who were hit by the tornado. I missed the news last night so wasn't aware that tornadoes had hit.

Thanks for commenting on the fan that I made my mother. I did have fun making it even if it isn't perfect. I am glad you liked it.

Take care, my friend. Prayers for you and DH are speeding toward heaven.

Blessings,
Mary

Sandra said...

Karen,

I'm SO glad that you and the family are fine. These tornados are terrifying aren't they?

Your poor husband is having no luck with that truck tire, hope he made it home safe and sound.

I'm sorry about your depression, hope you feel better ;)

Hugs,
Sandra

Linda said...

Good Morning Karen, just saying hello and making sure everyone was safe.

Our family is in the Texas panhandle and those tornadoes are so scary.

Safe travels for your hubby and I know what you mean about staying in touch, I know you feel better when you can talk to him and know all is well. Maybe you just need a new battery for his phone, if you do have to get another phone it helps that it is work related.

Take care...blessings to you and yours. Linda

Rachel said...

Hi Karen, thanks for checking on me!! I thought of you and some of my other blogging buddies when I heard how bad AR got hit. I was up until the wee hours watching the weather. Thankfully the storms broke up just west of us and we only got a small T-storm. The strong storms moved north of us! Praise the Lord! Even the northern part of our county got a bad storm and since we live in the southern part we missed it! I have heard that 48 have been killed thus far in this tornadic outbreak. So so sad.

I have had panic attacks. It's a horrible feeling. I had to overcome a lot to get back to doing things again. I still have an occasional panic attack unfortunately. I will certainly keep you in my thoughts and prayers.

So glad you and your family are okay!!! xxx

Jim said...

Hi Karen -- I just came from Rachel's to read your storm report. I didn't even post a comment there yet.
But I need to do that, she reported in this morning. I had been some concerned about her.
Nothing compared to the lives that were lost, but I sure hope that old general store in Mt. View withstood the storm. It could be closed now anyway, it has been ten or more years since we went through.
This is the first time I checked in here. Our daughter is a Karen H. also. She should be a Karen P. or at least a Karen K-P but she won't change. She used to have a blog, Rachel called her Super Woman.
Here's hoping DH makes it back safely today,
..
My regular blog is JIM'S LITTLE BLOG. I play with the other two, and have shut others not down, but put into limbo.
..

Hope said...

Hi Karen,
I thank God that you made through without the bad storms. I'm glad your daughter is better. You are in my prayers.

I'm trying to catch up on everybody today. It's going to take me a while. I feel like I've been away from months. I had time to check in a couple of times but not to comment. I'm back now for a while any way! Come see me.

Love and Hugs,
Hope

BittersweetPunkin said...

Hey Karen..I'm glad your family is safe from harm's reach...I missed you when you didn't post!
Hugs,
Robin

Chrissie said...

Thank you Lord! You're safe! I've been looking at all the maps to see where these last storms were in realtion to you - you're safe! Take care of yourself, dear friend! Thanks for keeping us up to date of what's going on out there - we're praying for you all! and I'm praying that you feel better soon -
God bless you!
Chrissie

Talk..to..Grams said...

Hi Karen,You and Mama Bear were the first people I thought about this morning!!Then earlier they said the town where Shorty Bear (Denise) lives and it was under a warning! I can't spell her town's name! I am so glad to hear you are ok!!
But now I am going to call my son in law's Mother. Aaron's sister lives in Mt View. I am hoping she is ok. I had not heard about Mt.View on the news so I am glad you mentioned it in your post!

I am sorry you have been so blue. Like Anni I hope it wasn't any of us bloggers that hurt your feelings...
Love you, Grams

Denise said...

So glad your family is safe, you have been in my prayers. I love you.

Unknown said...

Karen
I was worried about you! I am relieved to know you and your family are safe. I have learned the hard way in life to just Let go and let God! If people don't like the way I look, think, talk etc.I don't let it get to me.It took me a long time and lots of praying to get to this point. Life is so short.Love you bunches. Lisa :)

Anonymous said...

So glad to read you got through those terrible storms safely! We don't really get tornados here that much, I think there was one in Birmingham last year and everyone was so shocked because we don't normally get them.

So sorry to read that you suffer panic attacks and depression. I used to suffer from both so I really feel for you, I will pray. Glad to hear your daughter is OK.

Hugs and love.
Sarah x

Anonymous said...

Karen, my dear sweet friend I am so sorry you are down and have so much you are dealing with. I know what it is to have panic attacks and depression. I developed mine after my 4th son and I was right around 36 also. It is no fun if you ever need to talk let me know and we can chat. I hope you start to feel better soon.

I woke up this morning and heard about all the storms and said a prayer that you were safe. I have family in Tenn that I have yet to make contact with I am thinking there phones might be out. I have all those people in my heart and prayers. Glad you are all safe and sound.

Remember my friend you are as good as the rest and better then the next, you take care and let me know if you need to talk.

Love Bears All Things said...

Thanks for checking on me. I hope you feel better soon.
Mama Bear

Lib said...

Hi Karen,
Glad youre back.
Hope the storms has settled down.
Windy here. The rain has stopped for now.
I'm having a tterrible time with being dizzy (inner ear) so not being able to type much.
Have to go to Hopes neck of the woods tomorrow. I want drive tho. can't being dizzy.
Hope yall have a great wk. together.
Lhb,Lib

Carole Burant said...

Good evening dear Karen:-)

Oh sure, you went and posted after I went to bed last night! lol Goodness gracious, I'm SOOOO glad that you and your family are safe from those tornadoes. My heart goes out to all those affected, though, such terrible tragedies. To tell you the truth, I didn't think tornadoes were a possibility in the winter time, always thought it was only in the summer months. Now I've learned something!!

Like you, I also take anti depressants daily...between severe anxiety attacks and agoraphobia, my life was miserable before I got the help I needed! As the others have said, I do hope it's not one of us who has upset you...that would break my heart to know someone has done that. Just know that you are well loved and we just couldn't do without you:-)

Your hubby certainly did have a rough day...hopefully he's arrived home safely by now! I'm sure you all can't wait until the nicer weather arrives. It's very frigid here today...5F at the moment and the wind is making it feel much colder. I was out this afternoon with June and we almost froze walking to the car in the parking lot!

Hope you feel better soon dear friend. You know I'm always here for you!! xoxo

Gran said...

Good Evening Karen... Praise God that you and your family were protected during the terrible storms. I'm glad that your daughter is feeling better...it is hard when you have a sick child to care for.

I pray that you will have a restful night giving you a feeling of renewed strength in the morning.

Please know that you are a very loved and treasured friend to me and many others.

You and in my thoughts and prayers my sweet and loving friend, Karen!

Love you,
Angela

Nan said...

Hi sweetie. It was all stormy here yesterday too. Lightning and thunder all night. Today it is rainy and turning to snow.
Hugs,
Nan

Denise said...

so glad that you are safe and sound and so sorry that you have been down the past few days... Now that I know a bit more about you I will pray more specific about those panic attacks..... they are not of the Lord and you do not have to be tormented by them.. I will pray.... I used to live in St Louis many years ago and my husband worked nights.. When the weather was bad I would get my two boys and crawl under the bunk beds.. I was so afraid..... so I so know what you were feeling..... you are such a sweetie and I know that God has his eye right on you and your girls and He is your covering....

hugs xoxoxo

Leeann said...

Karen,
I'm so grateful that y'all are ok. I thought about you last night and this morning. I lived in Arkansas and know about the tornadoes and that is one of my worst nightmares. My MIL lives near Pine Bluff and we were on the phone with her off and on all night. She is almost 90 years old and lives alone so we were very worried about her. Also, Sam's best friend lives close to Memphis and we talked to him a lot and his daughters could be heard crying in the background because they were so frightened. Praise God you are all alright.

I'm so sorry to know you've been down the past few days. I understand as I do the same thing from time to time. Please know you are not alone and you have a lot of friends out here that truly care about you. You have a sweet spirit and are obviously a very kind, tender woman. We're blessed to know you.

I hope to hear from you soon!

Your friend,
Leeann

Mary Isabella and Kiley too! said...

We had some of those storms here in KY. as well. Glad to hear from you. I have Had a really bad headache all day so I will not be doing alot of blogging tonight...Smiles

Simply Shelley said...

Hi Dear Karen, thank you so much for stopping by and visiting me, and thanks for saying a prayer for my son and his baby. Things are looking good for him right now.We have another court date on the 21st of this month to settle some things. I am sorry you have been going through some things and I pray you will be feeling better soon. Life is not always so easy for us ,but it is so good to know that we have the Lord to guide us and help us through them. I am also on anti-depressants, and I realize so many people are these days. These are just very stressful times in the day we are living. I have three grown children, one 15yr.old son at home and six grandchildren and with everyday ups and downs there is always a commotion of some sort going on. It is hard some time to keep a peace of mind,but by the grace of God it is so possible.

God Bless you, I am so happy you were kept safe from the storms. We had some trees down on our land and were without power for a good while.

Blessings,Shelley

Kelli said...

I am so glad you and your family are safe, Karen. The storms must be very scary and I will keep you all in my prayers, especially those who have lost loved ones these past few days. (((hugs)))
Kelli

Mississippi Songbird said...

I'm so glad you and your family are okay. I'm so sorry that you are feeling sad though.You are such a precious soul.I pray that God lifts your spirits and that you feel happy again.. God Bless you.. Bunches of hugs!

Brandy said...

Karen, I have been so worried about you!!!! Where have you been? I hope you are ok!! I know that around here the weather was bad yesterday. I really miss reading your blog. Oh and I love your playlist!!!!

Angela said...

Glad y'all are safe. Hubs dad & family live in Memphis, so we were really worried about them. I tell ya I was shocked about Hickory Hill area. We lived there, my neighborhood is right behind the mall. I was just amazed when I saw it on T.V. We had some pretty rough winds yeasterday morning here. Only damage is a few tree limbs down and some of the neighbors have lost shingles.
Have a wonderful day today!!
((hugz))

dabrah said...

Hi Karen
Just popping in to let you know that I've joined in with the One World One Heart event, so if you want to, you can go to my blog and put your name in for my giveaway.

Hope you're having a nice relaxing time with your husband at home. And I hope the weather there is behaving itself.

Hope said...

Hey Karen,
I just wanted you to know that you're in my thoughts and prayers today. I hope everything is okay with you.

Love and Hugs,
Hope

CIELO said...

When I heard the news about those horrible tornadoes I inmediately thought about you... I'm so glad to read you and your family are all OK.

Hope you feel better, Karen.

Blessings

Betty said...

Karen, I miss your blogging. I pray you are not still being bothered with deep depression. That's no fun.

Mountain Mama said...

God take care of you and yours Karen. I can't imagine living in a place where tornado's are such a threat. Mercy! I think you deserve a "BRAVERY AWARD" for staying there.

Linda said...

Hi Karen, hope all is well and hubby is home safe and sound. You are in my thoughts...blessings to all. Linda

Denise said...

Thinking about you and wonder how you are doing....I am praying for that depression ..... We are children of the Kind and in our blood line there is no depression...... I will remember you each morning.....and i will be listening to hear you are much better.....

hugs0x0x0

bj said...

I am so thankful you all were safe thru all those storms. My goodness...tornados are soooo scary.
Hope you are feeling much better...glad your little girl is better.
Take care, stay warm, and be thankful !
hugs, bj

Dawn said...

That was an incredible hit down there in the south! I'm glad you all are okay.

I'm up at a ski resort with my husband, son, and DIL. They're skiing. I found a place to blog a bit, and the rest of the time I'm reading, doing some work that I'm behind on that I am able to take with me, and cooking. A nice break. We had incredible snow yesterday, and today it's cold and sunny. I heard that the interstate back to Denver is closed because of high winds, though. I haven't watched any news - part of the break! I met some young girls who escaped the Mardi Gras mess from New Orleans and came out here to ski instead. Good choice!!

I have posted another piece of the Kona Adventure, if you have time to come over and enjoy a bit of a vacation feeling!

Dena said...

Hi Karen,

Just stopping in to check on you and give a hug :)


Dena

Anonymous said...

Whew so very glad to hear you are ok Karen!
xo
mary
hoganfe handbags

Anonymous said...

Hi Karen, missing my daily dose of Karen's posts! But I know you're spending time with your DH which is more important than blogging. Just wanted to stop by and give you an e-hug!

Hugs.

Sarah xx

dabrah said...

Hi Karen,
Just thought I'd let you know my daughter Natalie has joined in with the One World One Heart event, and she's giving away one of her lovely paintings.

dabrah said...

Hi again Karen,
Silly me, I forgot to leave the link so you can go and look if you want to. It's http://conversationswithflowers.blogspot.com/2008/02/im-doing-one-world-one-heart-and-i.html

Love Bears All Things said...

Thanks for stopping by today. I may not blog for a few days. I'm not taking my computer tomorrow. I have a post for our anniversary ready to post in the morning before we leave. I'll probably be back on Tuesday but it may be Wednesday afternoon. I am going to Alabama on Wednesday but I will take it with me there.
Hope you're having a good weekend.
Mama Bear

Nan said...

Hi there! I hope you are better. You have so many friends here that care about you.
Hugs,
Nan

Anonymous said...

So glad you are all safe and your daughter is feeling better! Sorry to hear you are feeing depressed, sure wish I was there to give a hug and an ear. My sister has lived with depression for years. My prayers and thoughts are with you.

My cell phone has been acting up lately also.So frustrating.

Cynthia

Mandy said...

I'm so glad y'all are ok. I thought about you guys so much during all of those nasty storms. We got a bit of wind and storms, but nothing awful, thank goodness. ((hugs))

Hootin Anni said...

Just dropping by today to send along my heartfelt thanks for such a lovely happy birthday wish! Y'all made my day so special yesterday, and I cherished every single wish left in my comments. You're a treasure!!! Thank you kindly!!!