Sunday, October 10, 2010


Good Sunday Morning everyone. I would like to apologize for not posting last Sunday, but the Saturday before, I was busy, busy, busy. My hometown of Lepanto, had their 80th Annual Terrapin Derby that is always held the first Saturday in October and then my Graduating Class of 1980 had their 30-Year Class Reunion that night and then that Sunday I had to go to my Mother-In-Law's for a double Birthday Dinner for my hubby and his Sister. Needless to say, I had been pretty much on the go since that Friday.

It is 53 degrees here this morning. Our weather has been jumping back and forth from warm to cool. Last week we had a strong cold front to come thru and the high temperatures were only in the 60's and we had lows in the 40's. I even lit the pilot light on my Pad Burner in the hall so we could use it just in case. Well, we had to use it in the mornings when I got up. It was on the chilly side. Now this past week it has warmed back up again. It started out with me using the heater of the mornings and then turning the A/C back on in the afternoons. Finally the latter part of this week, I have just been leaving the A/C on all the time. Sure wish it would make up it's mind if it wants to stay warm or stay cool. LOL. I think we have another cool down coming later this week with high's only in the 70's. Hope everyone is enjoying the weather where you live.

I took both girls to see a Children's Pediatrician this past Thursday. Since they had their ARKids, I needed to find them a Primary Care Physician and get them established with one. One of my Sister-In-Law's had suggested one out in Jonesboro and we were able to see him this past Thursday. Both of the girls really liked him and said he was "cool". LOL. I was very impressed with him as well. He checked them both out very well and both are in good health and in the right percentile in their height and weight. He did give them some Claritan for allergies. So much of that seems to be going around in this area right now. He even suggested them getting a shot for spinal menangitis and they both got one to protect them. He said he would like to see them both again in 6 months unless something comes up before then. After we left the Doctor's office we had to go by Wal-Mart to the Pharmacy to get their meds filled and had to wait there about 45 minutes. By the time they got done we were all hungry so Ashley, our oldest daughter suggested we go to Taco Bell to eat. She and Alyssa had said they have been hearing on a Radion Station they listen to where they had some cheap things to eat, so we went to Taco Bell. All 3 of us ate for $7 and some change. Of course Ashley paid for it all. That was so nice of her to do that and I'm so proud of her for doing such a nice thing. We left there and came back home and they got all of their School stuff and I took them back to School around 1:00p.m. All 3 of us enjoyed our time together even tho it was going to the Doctor. I guess it was some much needed Mother and daughters time.

Last Saturday, my hometown had their 80th Annual Terrapin Derby. What is that you say? LOL. Well, they have been doing this for 80 years now. They have vendors set up and down Main Street and they even have a Parade that comes down Main Street at 2:00p.m. I took alot of pictures of the Parade. I won't try to post them all because there were over 100 pictures of just the Parade. Yes, I took a picture of everything in the Parade. After the Parade beginning at 4:00p.m. they block off a side street off of Main Street for alot of Turtles to Race. They have 3 winners. Each year, girls of all ages will run for Terrapin Derby Queen and will sell tickets on the Turtles. The girl who sells the most tickets wins the Terrapin Derby Queen. They usually have a Jr. Queen and a Sr. Queen. Believe it or not, in 1973, I won the Jr. Terrapin Derby Queen myself. Then at 7:00p.m they have a Street Dance. We normally go to the Street Dance ourselves, but this year, my Graduating Class of 1980 had our 30-Year Class Reunion. So, me and my hubby went to that and the girls spend the night with my Mother-In-Law. I had the best time at my Class Reunion. It was the most fun that I had had in a very long time and was some very much needed fun time for me as well. I think we had about 18 out of 35 that showed up for the Reunion. A few of them I had not even seen since Graduation. It was about 12:30a.m. when me and hubby got home that Sunday morning and let's just say I had a little too much fun, but not that bad tho. I had said previously that I had been on the go since that Friday, but it was that Thursday because that Thursday night, I had went down to Lepanto and helped decorate for our Reunion with a couple of other girls that I graduated with. I didn't go to my 10-Year Class Reunion, but I am so glad that I went to this Reunion and now I'm ready for the next one. LOL. Now, I'm going to try to upload some pictures, but if I can't, for all of those that are on my Facebook, you can go to my Pictures on there and look at all the pictures.

That Sunday at 1:00p.m. we had to go to my Mother-In-Law's for a Double Birthday Lunch. That Sunday(3rd) was my Sister-In-Law's Birthday and then on Tuesday(5th) was my hubby's Birthday. So, my Mother-In-Law decided to have a Birthday Lunch for the both of them. All of her kids were there with their kids and I tooks pictures of that as well. We all had a great afternoon of eating and visiting and taking pictures. This was the first time that all of her kids had been together in a very long time. She has 5 kids(2 boys and 3 girls) and also she has 8 grandkids(5 boys and 3 girls) as well.

Well, it was taking too long to upload the pictures in a Video, so you can go to my Facebook Page and look under Photos and the Album's name is 80th Annual Terrapin Derby and 30-Year Class Reunion for those pictures and then for the Birthday pictures it's under the Album name of David and Sue's Birthday Dinner. Sorry it was taking so long but there were lots of pictures on that Saturday.

I guess that is about all that has been going on with me for the last week or so. Guess I will go for now and start visiting some of my favorite blogs. Hope everyone has a great week and may GOD BLESS each and everyone of you.

Love and hugs,

Karen H.


Karen H. said...

That top picture is a picture of all 5 of my Mother-In-Law's Kids. The smallest one is her youngest Grandchild and he loves to have his picture made and that's why he is in this picture.

HOOTIN' ANNI said...

Wow Karen!------just reading about all that you did for the past week or so, you plumb tuckered this ol' lady out. Now I need a nap to recoup!!

Sounds like you're all doing well, and I hope it continues to be as good for everyone.

Mary said...

Karen, you sure have been a busy lady. I'm glad you had such fun at the reunion. It makes me tired just reading about all you've been doing.

Take care of yourself. Glad the girls have their own dr now and that they are in good health. Sounds like the dr is a good one.

If you need help making something for your Thanksgiving banner, just email me. Pea can probably do a beter job, but I can whip you up something if you like.


Dawn said...

Sounds like a very fun week - I have enjoyed all of my class reunions, both high school and college. It's great to get to the point where nobody's trying to impress anyone any more, they just want to see you and visit.

Joyce said...

I love going to my class reuions. We are meeting every 5 years. Wow what a busy weekend. Lots of fun though. I will look when I go on FB to look at some of the pictures.

Love and Hugs,

Lib said...

You sure have been having fun! Happy for you!
The cof. pot is on come on over! I sure do Miss you and Hope and our cof. time!