Monday, April 6, 2009


Good Monday Mornin' Yall,
I do hope that everyone had a great weekend and ready to start a brand new week and day. It is currently 42 degrees with a windchill of 34 degrees. It is cloudy and the winds are out of the West Northwest at 20mph with gusts up to 29mph. The high today is supposed to only be around 45 degrees and on the windy side as well. It is supposed to get down below freezing tonight. In fact, we are going to be under a Freeze Warning beginning late tonight and until 9:00a.m.CST in the morning. Winter is still trying her best to stick around here it apprears. It got up to 73 degrees here yesterday before the cold front came thru late yesterday afternoon.

We all had a very busy weekend with Softball games on Friday night and all day Saturday. Friday evening, me and our oldest daughter, and my Mother-In-Law left here kind of ealry and went to Trumann and went to eat at McDonald's and then went to Wal-Mart. I ended up buying the girls an Easter Basket, even tho they think they have outgrown Easter, I still like to buy them one. LOL. Our oldest daughter was playing her first game at 8:00p.mCST there in Trumann, AR. My Mom and Sister had come to get our youngest daughter and took her to Monette, AR to play her first game at 6:00p.m.CST. The reaon the girls had their Pre-Season Softball Tournaments in different towns is because of the age groups. Since there are so many age groups and teams, they have to split them up. It will be like that in the Post-Season Tournaments as well. Now for their regular games, they both play on the same nights and in the same town, but at different times. Our youngest daughter will play first and then our oldest daughter will play second. There's usually about 15 minutes between each one's games. They both have to go back to Trumann, AR this coming Thursday evening to play.

Anywho, back to Friday night. When hubby got in Friday evening from picking up their load in Memphi, TN, he came home and took a showe adn came to Trumann, to watch our oldest daughter play. He made it there about 8:30p.m. So, he only missed out on about 30 minutes of her game. In the meantime, we stayed in touch with my Sister to keep up with what was going on with our youngest daughter's game. Our youngest daughter's team won their first game and had to play another game right after their first game. It was a double elimination tournament, meaning you had to lose 2 games before you are out of the Tournament. They ended up losing the second game and h ad to play Saturday morning at 10:00am.CST. Our oldest daughter won their game on Friday night and didn't have to play until 10:30a.m.CST on Saturday morning. After her game was over with on Friday night. I h ad to come home so I could wash both girls uniforms so they would be clean for Saturday morning. I didn't get much sleep at all on Friday night. About the time I was going to fall asleep good, my alarm went off at 6:30a.m.CST. I had to get up and fix breakfast and fix me and hubby some Coffee. Om Saturday morning, my Mom and Sister took our oldest daughter back to Trumann and me and hubby took our youngest daughter to Monette. In situations like that, we usually rotate going to the girls games, so we can see them both play. We kept in touch again with my Mom and Sister to see what was going on with our oldest daughter' game. My Mother-In-Law had gone with me and hubby again on Saturday morning. Our youngest daughter had won their game on Saturday morning, so about 15 minutes later they had to play again. They play against the 12 and under Trumann team and it was a slow game. There was alot of walking goin on. Our team's pitcher had hurt her arm on Friday night and wasn't able to pitch on Saturday, so they had to hurry up and train someone else . The other girl did a good job. Trumann's pitcher wasn't that great either. They had to go into overtime twice.

This is our oldest daughter. Her daddy was taking the picture and she is like me, doesn't like to have her picture made at all.

A picture of the whole team. 2nd place winners.

Another team picture with their winning medals on around their necks.

Now even tho our youngest daughter's team didn't place in their tournament, I did tke some pictues of her playing, so I'll share them as well.

This is our youngest daugter, she is the one to the right.
Here is our youngest daughter up to bat. She is a pretty good hitter.

A better picture of our youngest daughter up to bat.

Her she is on 2nd base, the position she plays, trying to get a girl out. I didn't get one of her whoe team. I'll try to do that next time. I hope you enjoyed the picrtures. I am very proud of both girls and their teams.

After we had finished up in Trumann Saturday evening, we went on to Jonesboro, AR to eat supper. We were all really hungry at this point and was tire of concession stand foods. We ended up going to our favorite Chinese Restaurant again, The Mongolian, Bar &Grill. After we had finished eating, we went to Wal-Mart on Parker Raod, yes, Jonesboro h as 2 Wal-Mart's, and I boutht the girls an Easter oufit. They didn't want dresses as they don't like to wear dresses that much anymore. Our youngest daughter got her a Capri outfit and our oldest daughter got her a nice pair of jeans and a nice shirt. I tried to find me something, but they didnt' have any Capri's out yet, so I'm going to look at the Trumann Wal-Mart Thursday evening when we go there to play. I don't like to wear dresses that much either, so Carpri's will do me just fine as well. After we finished shopping at Wal-Mart, we came home. By this time, both of the girls were way beyond tired. Bless their hearts. Everyone was tired as well. When we got home, they helped unload the truck and got thier showers and went to bed. I didn't really sleep that much either. I guess I was just too tired to sleep. I got up at 3:00a.m.CST when hubby got up and took me q shower. After he left at 5:00a.m.CST, I went back to bed and fell asleep. Me and the girls slept in yesterday and got rested up. I did do 2 loads of laundry yesterday and cooked supper. I fixed us some Fish Sticks and Cream Potatoes and then I did dishes. and layed down while they got their showers. I did go to sleep but woke up this morning around 2:30a.m. CST. I am having my morning Coffee now.

Both of the girls have Softball Practice again this afternoon and tonight. Our youngest daughter has it right after School and our oldest daughter has it at 6:00p.m.CST. I'm going to have to dress warm today and especially tonight since it is suppose to be windy and cold today and tonight.

Well, guess, I'll go for now and start my visiting. I apologize for not getting around to visit with everyone that much lately, but as you can tell, I have been busy with the girls. Take care my friends and have a great Monday. May GOD Bless each and everyone of you.



Hootin' Anni said...

I love all the softball photos!!!! What super pictures, I'm glad you shared them with us.

Yes, me too. I'm not much to wearing dresses of any sort these days. It's just not me. Give me jeans or capris or shorts, and I'm a happy camper.

Have a blessed week dear Karen.

Mike Golch said...

Hi Karen,we currently have atemp of 36 degrees and that is going to fall later today and we will get that dreaded 4 letter word!(SNOW)
I thank you for the softball photos.

Dawn said...

You do keep busy with those girls - that's the best way to keep them on the straight and narrow!

I have to shop for the 4 girls' Easter dresses today or soon - they all love to wear dresses yet.

We had more snow over the week0-end - I'm now officially tired of it!

Mary said...


Enjoyed hearing all the news about your family and I loved the softball photos. It brings back memories of the days when I played, though we didn't wear uniforms.

Be sure and rest when you need to. I can relate to your sleep patterns. Mine are about the same.

Take care and enjoy your girls.

Femin Susan said...

Love all the softball photos!!!! What gorgeous photos thanks for sharing.

Susie said...

Looks like you spent your weekend much the same as us (at ball games)
It is nice to be out and enjoying springtime weather. It's such a good healthy activity for young people.
Hope you're able to get some good sleep soon (it's so important as you're recovering)

Diane@Diane's Place said...

I'll bet y'all almost froze your tails off on Sunday and Monday! That wind was something else and made it that much colder.

Hope y'all have a good new week, Karen. :o)

Love and hugs,


Joyce said...

Sounds like a very busy Sat. Thank goodness for cell phones. The girls have grown since your pictures from last year. I wish them good luck on their baseball season.

Love and hugs,

Lib said...

HI Miz. Karen,
Girl ,you are Busy Busy!
Love the pics. thanks for sharing!
We had flurries all day.
Hope you have a great wk.

PEA said...

I so wish I lived near because I love going to watch games like that:-) Both girls do so well with their softball and it's so good for them to be involved like that. I can appreciate, though, how hard it would be to be at both their games at the same time! lol Loved seeing all the photos, they look so spiffy in their uniforms:-)

I don't know what I'll wear for Easter either....must go shopping tomorrow and see what I can find. I love capris but it's too cold to be wearing those here yet!! I bought a new pair of dressy pants not long ago so maybe if I can find a nice top to go with them, I'll be all set.

It snowed again today and they're saying more flurries tomorrow. It's supposed to be sunny for the weekend, though, and in the 30's so that will be lovely for a change:-)

Take care of YOU and sending big hugs across the miles. xoxo

Hootin' Anni said...

I'm here to send my wishes to you, that you have a wonderful, peaceful Easter holiday.