Followers

Thursday, March 26, 2009

THANKFUL THURSDAY!!!!









Good Thursday morning everyone. I hope everyone had a Wonderful Wednesday and ready to start a new day. It is currently clear and 54 degrees here right now. The winds are calm, so therefore, we have not winchill. The Sun is shining brightly this morning and it promises to be a beautiful day. We had some rain overnight and more rain and possibly some sever thunderstorms are in the forecast for Friday. I just pray it doesn't get too severe. It is suppose to be up around 70 degrees again today and then after the storms on Friday, turning cooler agin with highs in the 50's.



I would like to take this time to "THANK" each and everyone of you for your "HAPPY BIRTHDAY" wishes and also the PRAYERS you said for me yesterday. I do appreciate each and everyone of them so very much. I know I emailed most of you the other night to let you know about me having the Heart Caterization yesterday. "PRAISE THE LORD" there was no blockage and I came thru it just fine. GOD IS GOOD, ALL THE TIME, GOOD INDEED IS GOOD!!!! I got to come home yesterday afternoon, but I am still recovrering for a couple of days. I can't drive for a couple of days and I can't lift no more than 10 pounds for the next week. About all I can do is eat, sleep, and play on the computer, LOL. I do have a book that I want to finish reading as well. But again,"THANK YOU" each and everyone that prayed for me and wished me a "HAPPY BIRTHDAY" yesterday. It is so great to have such wonderful and caring friends online that I can count on.


Well, since I had that procedure done yesterday, me and hubby didn't get to go to Branson, MO with the girls and my Parents and Sister. The girls understood tho and they just wanted their Momma to be well . I told them last night that maybe next year, we will be able to go somwhere with them on their Spring Break then. They stayed all night with my Parents last night and they left around 7:00a.m.CST this morning. Please keep them all inyour prayers for safe traveling today and on the way home on Sunday. I do appreciate it very much.



Hubby's back is doing much better also. Last Friday, Saturday, Sunday, and Monday, he just layed around and took his meds and did nothing. He is able to stand up straight now ans his walking is alot better. In fact, he went and got our riding lawn mower from my Parents house last night and mowed the yard in the dark. It does have headlights and the yard was really getting grown up, so he wanted it mowed before the rain moved in. He's gone up town now to buy him a weed eater, so he can weed eat around the yard. It looks pretty good for being mowed in the dark. LOL.


I wqnted to let everyone know that I received the book from Diane @ Diane's place week before last. I have been reading it and it is really good. It's one of those books when you start reading, you don't want to put down. I'm not a fast reader, so it is taking me some time to read it.


"THANK YOU" Diane for hosting such a great book Giveaway. If you have never been to visit Diane, please take the time to go and visit with her. On Saturday's she usually post's what she is or isn't cooking for her sunday dinner. Sometimes when she does cook, it will leave your mouth watering. She has some great recipes that she shares as well.


Also a few weeks back I was presented an Award from Mrs. Katie form Katie's Place. She is the mother to Shelley from shelley's vitnage Variety. If you have never been to visit either one of these ladies, please be sure to take the time to visit them as well. Shelley has alot of vintage dolls she is always sharing with us and alot of other antiquish thing. nyway, the Award that Mrs. Katied presented me with was "THE ONE LOVELY BLOG" Award. "THANK YOU" so much Mrs. Katie for this lovely Award and I am honoered that you chose me tot have it.


Now, I am supposed to pass this Award on to 7 people. But since I don't do favorites or have favorites, if you are a reader of my blog, PLEASE take this LOvely Blog Award home with you. After all, you all have Lovely Blog's to read. Here are the rules just in case some of you want to follow the exact rules:
Here are the rules girls............
Rules of this award:
1. Add the logo to your blog.
2. Link to the person from whom you received this award.
3. Nominate 7 or more blogs.
4. Leave a message on their blog, letting them know they are “One Lovely Blog”



Also, I would like to t'THANK' Anni of Hootin' Anni's for the beautiful Spring/Easter layout she did for my blog. "THANK YOU" Anni. You are such a dear friend and I so appreciate you taking the time to do this for me. You are one talentted lady. If you have never been to visit with Anni, Please go by and visit with her also. You may leave there laughing or you may leave there crying, but either way, you will leave with a big smile on your face. AGain, "THANK YOU" so much anni for fixiing my blog up for me.


I hope that about catches me up on things around here. LOL. I am going to go and lay down a bit. Hubby just got back and is using his new weed eater. I told him since he had a new toy, that later on I wanted to go to the Dollar General Store and buy me some things for my flower bed out front. My Mom is suppose to come up next week and help me clean it out and plant some flowers in it, that is if weather is permitting. You never know what to expect here in Arkansas. I have seen it snow in April before. It's been several years back but it did Snow in April. Take care my friends and have a Great Thursday. May GOD Bless each and everyone of you. Again, "THANK YOU" all so much for your prayers and Birthday wishes for me yesterday. Just know that I do appeciate each and everyone of them. I will be around later to visit. I may be slow, but I will be there.



Love,
Karen H.





11 comments:

Mary said...

Karen,

Anni did a beautiful job creating your Easter graphics. She is one talented lady.

I'm glad there was no blockage when you had the procedure done. Our prayers were answered.

Be sure to take it easy for a week or two. All the chores will be waiting when you are completely over the procedure.

Have a great day. It's 48F here, but overcast. At least it's pleasant out.

Blessings,
Mary

BittersweetPunkin said...

Oh Karen....I am so glad you had a Happy Birthday!!!And I am even happier everything came out okay with your test!

The sun is shining here today so I think I may go outside and pull some weeds and get my flower beds ready for whatever I decide to put in them. I think I will plant my Primroses in a container and then buy pansies again for my flower beds as they are the easiest to take care of...at least for me!

I better run out there...before it starts to rain again...have a great day!

Loretta said...

What a wonderful Birthday present! I read your news on Facebook first thing this morning and it made my day. Take care.

Diane@Diane's Place said...

Hi Karen, and I'm so glad that you got a good report yesterday.

I'm glad too that you like the book. I thought it was pretty good too.

Thank you for the award! I do appreciate it, my friend. :o)

Anni did a great job on your Easter template. Cutest Blog has some nice templates. I've thought about using some of them myself.

Take care of yourself and watch out for the storms. Maybe they won't be too severe.

Love and hugs,

Diane

Mike Golch said...

I'm glad that you are having a great day.I'm been bad for not stoppping by lately and a beleated Happy Bitrhday.

Hootin Anni said...

I'm happy to hear that your birthday was a good one. And we are all blessed by hearing the good news about NO blockage. That's wonderful.

You're so very welcome on the blog template...it's easy, so no time taken hardly at all. You deserve it.

And thanks for the award.

Happy Thursday. Take things slow and easy.

Carole Burant said...

Hello dear Karen:-)

So wonderful to read your post and know that everything went well with the procedure and that you have no blockages!!! Best news I've heard all day:-)

It's cloudy and cold here today. Yesterday it was pouring rain and although it did melt some of the snow, there's still lots of it to go.

Anni certainly did do a wonderful job decorating your blog:-) I just love her to bits, she's such a talented and dear friend.

Glad to hear your hubby is doing so much better. Gosh, I can't get over you are already mowing the grass over there...ours is still buried under tons of snow. lol

Congratulations on receiving that well deserved award, my friend, and thank you so much for passing it on to all of us:-)

You take good care of YOU and know that I think of you often!! xoxo

Mary Isabella and Kiley too! said...

God is so good!!! My husband got his report today and he had no new blockages. So much to be thankful for....hugs...m..

Dawn said...

It's neat that you get to have enough long grass to mow already. We are so thankful to get a big bunch of snow today to help our tremendously dry ground. I have pictures on my new post, and it snowed MUCH more after I took them this morning.

Thanks for the good news!

Joyce said...

Praise the Lord for the good news. No blockage. Your comment about mowing the yard made me look out my window and the grass is beging to turn green. Hubby is getting the mower ready for the day it is to be used.

You template is wonderful. I wish I new how to change mine. Thank you so much for the award.

Have a great day.

Love and Hugs,
Joyce

Unknown said...

Karen
I was so happy to seecyou back to blogging. I am thankful that your test turned out good and Happy belated birthday.I will be glad when school is out so I can catch up and rest up. I hope you and your family are all doing well. It's chilly here in SC today. My Spring flowers are blooming and the bird's are everywhere. I have missed sharng coffee and conversation with you. Love and hugs. Lisa