Followers

Thursday, March 20, 2008

HAPPY SPRING-THURSDAY


Good Mornin' Yall,

"HAPPY SPRING"!!!! Today is the first day of Spring. It is currently 36 degrees and the winds are calm, therefore, we have no windchill at this time. Have we had some wild and crazy weather around here the last couple of days. It started raining here on Tuesday night and I do mean it rained. I don't know how much we actually got here in the town where I live at, but I know it was quite a bit. There were even some Tornadoes close to us, but they went on to the North of us. We were lucky around here. Some of our neighboring towns weren't quite so lucky. Hardy, AR, and Springfield, MO, have been hit really hard with so much rain. Roads have been closed due to the flooding. In fact, it may be possible that my DH and his Uncle will have to find an alternate route when leaving out this coming Sunday going to Salt Lake City. Part of US Hwy. 63 going into Hardy has been closed and I don't know when it will open back up. Also, part of I-44 in Missouri, going towards Springfield has been closed as well. There have been many homes washed away and even a few lives have been lost. Please keep all of these people that are going thru this difficult time in your prayers. I do think it is suppose to be dry up thru Sunday.



We have finally got moved in. We got everything moved in on Saturday afternoon. Oh, I still have plenty of unpacking to do, but I'm just going to take my time and do a little bit each day. We started moving around 10:30a.m. last Friday and worked until around 6:00p.m. I found out I had bones I didn't even realize I had. LOL. I didn't sleep too good on Friday night because every bone in my body hurt. Saturday morning it was raining again and we finally got started back moving the rest around 11:30a.m. We had everything moved by 5:00p.m. Still another restless night for me. Sunday afternoon, me and the girls and my Mom went and cleaned the other house up. Monday I didn't do much because I was so tired and so sore from the weekend. The cable guy came out and got our cable and internet hooked up. Tuesday I did some unpacking and put things up. I even cooked homemade Chili for our supper on Tuesday night. Our oldest daughter went and stayed all night with one of her friends and our youngest daughter had one of her friends over to spend the night. My DH made it home Tuesday night around 10:30p.m. Wednesday I did some laundry. I haven't been having to set no alarm since the girls have been out on Spring Break this week. I've kind of been staying up late and then sleeping late. LOL. I had started to do a post for Tuesday, but I was so tired and couldn't think or concentrate, so I gave up. I guess my mind was even a bit tired. LOL. The rest of this week and the weekend is going to be pretty busy for us around here too. My DH will be home Friday and we will probably go out on Friday night to celebrate our Anniversary and my Birthday. The girls went to my Parent's house on Wednesday afternoon and will be back home on Saturday. They are taking them to Jonesboro today and my Sister has booked a room at one of the hotels that has an indoor swimming pool. They are staying all night up there tonight and going swimming. My Sister is taking them shopping on Friday for them to pick out some things for our oldest daughter's Birthday next month. I can't go into details right now for our Saturday, but I will let you all know about it on Sunday or Monday. Then of course, Sunday is Easter. My DH will be leaving out around 5:00a.m. on Sunday. I'm not sure just yet what me and the girls will do. We may go to my Parent's house and eat with them.



I'm taking a break from doing the "THANKFUL THURSDAY" and Slow Cooking Thursday for today. I do have so many things to be Thankful for tho, but I just don't feel like participating this week.



Well, I guess I will go for now. I am going to try and go back to bed and see if I can get some sleep. I don't know what time I will get up. When I do and am having my coffee, I will start visiting and trying to catch up with everyone. It will probably take me a week just to do that. LOL. Yall take care my friends and have a great day. May God Bless Each and Everyone of you on this first day of Spring.


LOVE & HUGS,

23 comments:

Diane@Diane's Place said...

Hi, Karen! Good to see you posting again after being gone for a while. :o)

I'm up late myself, just posted on my blog, probably for the last time until Saturday night for my Sunday Dinner post. I have Emmy all day today so I need to get in bed soon myself.

I don't know if the water will be down by the weekend in time for your hubby's trip out. It's not looking good right now. I'm thinking y'all had better be looking over the atlas for an alternate route.

Glad you got the move over and done with. I know that's a load off your mind, no pun intended. ;o)

Have a great rest of your week, and Happy Easter, Karen!

Love and hugs,

Diane

Anonymous said...

So glad you're all moved in. Hope you havea wonderful relaxing and blessed Easter.

Hugs and love.

Sarah x

Mimi said...

so happy that you got moved in and settled before Easter...
Ladybug has been found...Cynthia was to go and get her yesterday...I haven't heard yet this morning if everything worked out all right...
but SHE HAS BEEN FOUND AND SHE IS SAFE...Praise the Lord...
Mimi

Hootin Anni said...

How wonderful! Not that you ache, but that the move was completed. I know just what a chore it can be. So much to get set up, so much to unpack after packing what seems like just hours ago...you know the ritual. I do hope y'all will be ever so happy in your new abode.

As for your anniversary and your birthday...just what days are they for real?!! You left us hanging......

Going to spend a night in the motel/hotel for one night so the girls can go swimming sounds like a lot of fun for them. Me, I'm not a swimmer, I'm a lay out in the sun in my bathing suit kinda gal. Hehehehehe.

And the rains and flooding! Yes, I had heard about it in the news and on Yahoo. My first thought was our daughter and you...wondering if you were okay. [of course, I had contacted our daughter...they're okay but she said not only did they get heavy rains, but it has a mixture of snow here and there! ---what weird weather, huh?] Here, in Corpus we've had 4 tornadoes around the area and that is quite unusual too. Guess life goes on. Glad to hear that there was no damage, and I hope your DH gets home safely!!

And Karen, thanks for the wonderful, sweet words you left for me in my comment section. You really made my day.

Nonnas News said...

Glad your back!! I know your happy to be moved and settling in. You must be exhausted though!! I missed your posts while you were moving. I hope you and your family have a wonderful Easter!

Simply Shelley said...

Hello Dear Karen,so glad to hear you were not affected by the floods and such. Wanted to wish you a Happy Anniversy and Happy Birthday. Hope you and your family will be very happy and blessed in your new home.

God bless and have a wonderful Easter, Shelley

Mary Isabella and Kiley too! said...

I have miss you. I am so glad too hear from you. I am glad you got moved. Sending Easter Blessings to you and yours.

BittersweetPunkin said...

Hi Karen! I am glad your move was a success! I bet you're tired...make sure you take it easy and don't do too much!
Hugs,
Robin

Brenda said...

I bet you are tired after all that moving and unpacking. Be sure to take time for a soothing bubble bath to help those aching muscles heal.

Happy Spring Miz Karen!

Mary said...

Karen,

Moving has a way of letting us know that we have muscles that we haven't used in years. I detest moving, but sometimes it has to be done. I'm glad that everything is moved and you can now take your time unpacking.

While you were offline, I lost my address book. Will you please email me with your address?

So glad to have you back online. Missed you.

Blessings,
Mary

Anonymous said...

Whew glad you are all moved in and back online - missed you!
:)
xo
mary
hoganfe handbags

bj said...

Oh, my goodness, so GLAD to know that you are moved in and back in BLOGLAND again! Seems like you were gone forever!
Catch up with u later...
hugs, bj

Talk..to..Grams said...

So glad you got moved to your other house! I'm on the Wii so will get off for now! Love and Hugs Grams

CIELO said...

Hi Karen! Good to see you! How are you liking your new nest????
I wish you many happy days and memories in your new place.

Happy Easter to you and yours!

Cielo

Susie said...

Hi Karen,
Glad the move went so well. No wonder you're exhausted. Moving can be so tiring..
Sounds like you have lots of fun family activities planned for the next several days.
Don't forget to take some time to rest after the job of moving!
xo

Denise said...

Hey sweetie, glad to see you posting. Happy spring to you too. I am glad you got moved in. Please take care, I love you.

Renie Burghardt said...

Hi There, Dear Karen,

Good to see you back in blogland. And I bet you're tired! Moving is a big job. Just take it slow, everything will get unpacked eventually. LOL.

Sounds like you have a wonderful weekend planned. I hope your DH doesn't run into any problems with the floods. I wasn't affected by them, but the town 10 miles from me is pretty flooded. Well, the downtown area is. But no one was hurt, thank the Good Lord!

As I said, it is good to have you back, my dear. Happy Spring to you! Do let us know when your birthday is. Got to come back and give you a big birthday hug!

Love and Hugs,

Renie

dabrah said...

Welcome back Karen. Glad to hear the move went okay. Are you going to put some pictures of your new house up on the blog?

Leeann said...

Karen,
I'm so glad to see you back. I've missed your sweet posts.

We are still moving things, slowly but surely. Sam has had to work until almost 8 every night this week due to co-workers illnesses so we haven't done as much as we would have liked. He doesn't want me lifting heavy things so I have just taken light boxes, etc. Hopefully, we'll get a lot accomplished this weekend as he has 4 days off and I don't have to work Sat. WooHoo!!

I hope you love your new house...you must share pictures with us when you can.

Your friend,
Leeann

Shari said...

I'm glad that you are getting settled in.

I hope your DH can find a good alternative route to UT without using too much time.

I hope your bones and muscles aren't so sore anymore.

HUGS.

BTW, I didn't take it the wrong way about dressing up. :)

I posted a special letter on the Thursday, the 13th. I thought that you might like that one. :)

smileymamaT said...

oooh, no wonder you are tired...but spring break helps with no alarms and sleeping in, doesn't it!? It's a long weekend for us here, no school today because of another snowstorm, none tomorrow or Monday due to holidays, so...long weekends are good for sleeping in too!

Cecil said...

Karen.. Happy Anniversary and Happy Birthday!!! Glad you got moved!! Hugs.. Cecil

Jamie Dawn said...

Thanks for coming by my blog via Rachel's.
I met Rachel last summer when I was on a driving vacation. She is such a sweetie!
I live in Hot Springs. The parade was in Hot Springs, and it was really a lot of fun, as I'm sure my photos showed.
:-)
We got 3 or 4 inches of rain on Tuesday night, but others got WAY more. All the flooding is so dangerous.
Well, it's nice to meet you.
Have a wonderful Easter!!!