Followers

Friday, November 9, 2007

FRIDAY FAVORITES

Good Mornin' Yall,

I hope this Friday mornin' finds everyone doing great. Well, it wasn't as cold here this morning as it has been the last couple of days. It was 46 degrees when I got up this morning. It is suppose to get up to around 70 this weekend and then rain moving in on Monday and Tuesday.

I was watching Good Morning America a bit ago and they were talking about Kelly Pickler and her mom. I didn't get to see all of the Country Music Awards the other night, so I missed it when she sang. They did show a clip of her singing that song about her mother. I had no idea that her mother had left her when she was 2 years old. They were talking to her mother also. It is really sad when a parent has nothing to do with their child. It just makes me sick. I could preach all day about how I feel about that. I have a brother-in-law that is living with a girl and she already has a child from a previous marriage. Well, she is now pregnant by my brother-in-law. The sad thing is that she leaves her little girl with her aunt while she stays over at my brother-in-laws house at night. Now, that is in no way of being a good mother. I can't stand to be around them because since I'm a read head, I know my temper will flare up about it to them. I won't even let my daughter's be around them because of that. If you are not going to be a parent, then you need to be on the pill or use protection of some kind. In my first marriage, I tried to get pregnant but never could. I always thought something was wrong with me. Then when I met my hubby now, I told him I thought something might be wrong with me. I had never been to the doctor to find out. Well, it didn't take me very long to get pregnant at all. Hubby told me it wasn't in God's plan for me to have children with my first husband. But I love both of my girls very much and they are both precious gifts from God. Okay, I will stop rambling about this situation now. But the part about Kelly Pickler just got me all fired up again.

I got my faucet fixed yesterday afternoon. The landlord came about 3:20p.m. and had it fixed by 3:40p.m. He put a new one on. We didn't have sandwiches. I did fix some chicken strips and jojo's. They were the frozen kind, but hey, it was a hot meal. LOL. Sometimes I like to fix things the easy way, especially if its close to the weekend. I don't like to cook on the weekens since I have cooked all week. But, sometimes I have to because we can't afford to eat out alot.

Hubby took my oldest daughter to basketball practice last night. My youngest went with him. They didn't get to practice at the gym like they normally do because there was a high school basketball game going on. They practiced out at a Church that has a Family Life Center. There is a basketball court in there. Well my youngest daughter was walking and not paying attention to where she was going and walked right into a beam. She came home with a big knot on her head. I gave her some tylenot for it after she had her bath. It was gone down this morning. She will probably have a bruise there for a few days. She has always been accident prone ever since she started walking. When she was a baby she would always fall and have bruises on her. She was just clumsy.

Since I called this blog FRIDAY FAVORITES, do yall have any favorite things you do on Friday? My favorite thing is to go and get hubby's check and pay bills and be broke again. LOL. Sometimes when hubby is out on the road, my favorite thing is looking forward to him coming home on Friday's. One of my favorite things to do on Friday nights is to watch Food Network and watch Paula's Party. I just love Paula Deen. I've read where some of you like Paula also. I sure would love to go eat at her restaurant "The Lady & Son's." Have any of yall eaten there? Hubby and I were watching her show Paula's Homecooking yesterday afternoon and she was cooking a Romantic Dinner for Two. I told hubby to take notes. LOL. He said I know how to fix toast. LOL. He just cracks me up sometimes. He makes me laugh alot. Our girls are going to stay all night with my parents tonight, so me and hubby will have some alone time. I told him I wanted to go out, but we will have to wait and see how much money we have after I pay bills later today. We have tried to go out on a date once a month. But, sometimes, money won't let us. But as long as we are together, it doesn't matter what we do. He is such a wonderful husband and father. I really appreciate and Love him very much.

The weekend is upon us. Do yall have any plans for the weekend? I don't know of any that we have except that I would like to go out on a date tonight. We will just have to wait and see. I'm gonna go for now. Who knows, I could be back later on if I do some more blogging. LOL. If not, yall take care and have a great Friday and a great Weekend. God Bless Each and Everyone of You.


Hugs to all,

Karen H.

4 comments:

Diane@Diane's Place said...

Hey, Karen. I have to go to the Dr. this afternoon, then to Walmart to get prescriptions filled. Saturday night we're having a singing/fellowship at church and I'm making a bit pot of chili and cornbread to take with me. Sunday? Church both times and not sure yet about Sunday Dinner.

Hope y'all manage to go out and eat for your date! Have a wonderful weekend. ;o)

Love and hugs,

Diane

Susie said...

Hi Karen,
Hope you enjoy your date night tonight. As you say, it doesn't matter what you do, just that you have some quality time together.
We're going to a football game tonight, not sure what else is happening so far. We don't plant too far ahead with Grandpa's health being so bad..
:)

Chrissie said...

Paula Dean is my favorite of favorites when it comes to food shows! She's so fun, and she makes you feel like she's talking to just you! For me, I guess being with my family is my most favorite thing to do!
God Bless -
Chrissie

Tammy said...

Ahhh Karen...this line you wrote cracked me up
" My favorite thing is to go and get hubby's check and pay bills and be broke again. LOL"
Same here sister...LOL!
You have a great day!