Followers

Friday, November 9, 2007

FRIDAY AFTERNOON UPDATE



Good Afternoon Again,


I went and got hubby's check a bit ago. I'm not broke just yet. LOL. I've paid a couple of bills and have a couple of more to pay. I think we may have enought to go out tonight. Hubby did call me while I was at the library and said we would go eat, just don't know where yet.


Last night and earlier today while I was visiting in blogland, I noticed some were doing alot of reading. While I was visiting Lynne over at Lynne's Little Corner of the World, she was talking about her reading adventures hosting a Christmas Theme Book Challenge. I always love to read Christmas books. That is why I went to the library to find some Christmas books. I looked for the ones she had on her list, but the library didnt have them. I don't know if they were checked out or just didn't have them. Our regular librarian is out for a while and a substitute is working in her place. So, I am thought I would do the Christmas Theme Book Challenge also.

Here is a list of books that I got: Mistletoe Bay by Marcia Evanick; When Christmas Comes by Debbie Macomber; and Shepherds Abiding by Jan Karon. All you have to do is read 2 Christmas Theme books during the month of November and December. So, in my spare time and nights when I have trouble sleeping, I will be reading. If any of you have read these books, please let me know your intake on them. I would appreciate it. Also this morning hubby called me and he was in Memphis and wanted to know if his billfold was at home. I'm like I don't see it. I looked in his pants pockets from last night and in the vehicle. Finally, I found it on top of one of his hats on the bottom part of the table that sits by his recliner. I have been worried sick all day he is going to get stopped and get a ticket. He has already got 2 warnings this week at the weigh stations. Actually, it wasn't on him. It is on his boss. Earlier this week when he was hauling fertilizer, they pulled him in and he was like 1,600 pounds overweight. Where he loaded at had some scales and he weighed and it appeared to be right. But when he got to the scales coming out of Memphis, he wan't according to them. So, his boss got off with a warning ticket. Well yesterday, he was hauling cotton, they pulled him in again and DOT'ed him. There were some things that wasn't up to par on his truck according to the guidelines with the DOT. Well, his boss got another warning ticket. And then he runs off without his billfold this morning, geesh, what will he do next? LOL. I think he will be home in a little while because he doesn't have time to take another load to Memphis. They close at 3:00p.m. where he has to take it. Hopefully, he will make it home safe and sound without getting stopped.


Well, I guess that's about all for this afternoon. I've rambled on enough. LOL. Yall take care and have a great Friday and weekend. God Bless You All.


Love,

5 comments:

Dawn said...

I'm afraid it might be hard to find these books, which is why they have reprinted them for sale. But I hope you can, because they're just great.

Have a great week-end!

Anonymous said...

Glad to see you're joining the Christmas challenge. Just for the record, I'm not hosting it. I think the host is Susan at A Reading Adventure.

I always read a Debbie Macomber Christmas book - love them. And I've read the Jan Karon book. Have you read her Mitford books?

Hope your hubby gets home with no more warnings or tickets!

Carole Burant said...

Oh gosh, I've forgotten my wallet too a couple of times and it's terrible driving around, worrying if you'll get stopped! lol I do hope he made it home safely!!

I use to love reading Christmas books this time of year but haven't in a few years...now you're making me want to start up again:-)

I do hope your daughter is feeling better...walking into a beam...OUCH! I remember when I was about 10 years old, I was walking with a friend and was so busy talking, I wasn't looking where I was going and walked right into a sign post...had a bruise the size of an egg on my forehead and actually saw stars! lol

I know what you mean about some people not knowing how to be a parent...it really bothers me too when they get pregnant again even though they can't even take care of their other children.

I don't really have a favourite thing to do on Friday's...whatever I decide to do, I do! lol Love ya my friend!! xoxo

Diane@Diane's Place said...

Just got home about 30 minutes ago. Went to the Dr. and had a bunch of blood drawn for tests, then to Walmart to get prescriptions, then to Captain D's for supper. It was good, too. I haven't been there in a long time. Lamar doesn't like their fish so I don't get to go there very often, and it's one of my fave places to eat.

UPS never showed up before I had to leave, so they left a ticket on the door saying they'll try to deliver again on Monday afternoon. Which means I'll have to do with my new coffeemaker for another 3 days, drat it!

Hope your date was a good one. Have a great weekend, Karen! :o)

Hugs,

Diane

Tammy said...

I did the same thing...but I went to the library "online" first and ordered 2 of the ones that Lynne listed. I already had the Mistletoe Bay and it is good so far.
Happy Christmas Reading!