Followers

Wednesday, October 24, 2007

Going Thru Hard Times

Well hello again blogworld,

Sorry I haven't been blogging on here lately, but I have been going thru some really hard times for a couple of months. I have been reading blogsites about everyday tho. I really enjoy reading Dianne's Place. From there I have been reading off her blogroll A Chelsea Morning (Barb), Scratchin' the Surface (Bev), Peas's Corner (Carole), then Dianne's sister's blogsite Cecil and Donna, also her daughter, Jessica, and Susie and finally Tammy. All of these blogsites are really wonderful. I still haven't learned how to do all the stuff that you all are doing on your blogsites. Maybe one of these days I will.
Well, the hard times that I have been going thru is that hubby and I are in the process of losing our home (had to file Chapter 7) that we have lived in for 10 years. We have moved into a rental home. It's okay tho, because we have 2 girls and the old house only had 2 bedrooms and 1 bath and the house we rent has 3 bedrooms and 1 1/2 baths which is a good thing. We had really outgrown the old house anyway. My husband drives a truck for a local farmer and he just isn't making a whole lot of money. We are just barely getting by. Then, after we had all the utilities transferred, we don't have a home phone anymore. It was kind of expensive having a home phone and 4 cell phones. (We all have prepaid cell phones which is alot better on us). Hubby has to have a cell phone for his work, so we decided it would be best just to let the home phone go for now. Maybe later on we can get it hooked back up. But, as long as we have a roof over our heads and food on the table, that is what matters. I know there are people in this world worse off than we are, but still when you have been enjoying a comfortable life, then things get bad, it is hard to get used to. Hubby doesn't work me working because he has to be gone alot driving a truck. He wants me to stay home and take care of our girls and do our personal business. Besides, these days and times if you don't have some great degree, you only get paid minimum wages and as high as babysitting fees are these days, it really wouldn't pay me to work. I wish sometimes that I did have a job that I could work from home on my computer. That would be nice. My hubby did go last Friday for a job interview out at Frito Lay and he had to take a test (which took about 2 hours) and they said they would mail him the results. They did tell him that very few people do pass the test. This job would be alot better because we would have benefits. We do not have any benefits right now. The job he applied for was a truck route job. As of this writing, we haven't heard anything from his test results. Well, so much for me crying on here, but just wanted to let you all know why I haven't posted in a while. Just remember us in your prayers and pray that something better will come this way.
I tell you what, all the blogs I read are really great. I wish I could write things the way you all do, and had the energy to do the things that yall do also. I have type 2 diabetes and also have an artificial eye. When I was in the first grade (many years ago) I was playing with a knife without permission of course, and it accidently hit my eye. I could see out of it for a while, but then it got worse and had to be removed. When I was in the 5th or 6th grade, I had a glass eye put in. Hubby tells me I should sign up on disability, but I don't know if I would get it or not. I know you have to wait a long time going thru the process and all, but sometimes I don't know if it would be worth it or not. Anyway, sorry to be crying on here again.
Well, our weather here has been cold and rainy all week. I have had to turn my heat on already. I don't know if I can handle the cold or not.
My oldest daughter started her PeeWee Basketball Season last Saturday morning. She has been playing peewee basketball since the third grade. The last 2 seasons they were undeafted (won every game of the season and the end of year tournament as well). Well this year they added 2 new teams to our league. Wilson and Luxora are the 2 new teams. We played Wilson last Saturday morning and our team lost by 3 points. It was kind of hard on them after being undefeated for 2 years in a row. This Saturday, we will be playing Luxora. I'm afraid this will be another loss for them as well. Both of these teams were in a better league last year. I have no idea why they moved into our league. But I do hope for the best. She does have basketball practice 2 nights a week and then my youngest daughter is a PeeWee Cheerleader this year. Thank goodness they only cheer at home games on Saturday's. She does have cheerleading practice 1 day after school each week. So, the kids do keep my busy. If it isn't basketball, it is softball or fall ball. But I do support them in the sports that they want to play.
Well, I guess I have posted enough for today. Just wanted to let everyone know (not that may stopped by) why I haven't been blogging for a while. So, everyone take care and enjoy the rest of the week. If you are in a place where it is raining and cold, stay dry and warm. If you are in a mild and sunny place, please enjoy and remember the ones who are dealing with the rain and cold. (hehe)

Karen H.

P.S. I am going to post some of my favorite blogsites that I read frequently on here since I don't know how to do a blogroll like the rest of you all.

Barb-A Chelsea Morning
Bev-Scratchin the Surface
Carole-Peas's Corner
Cecil-Diane's Sister
Dawn
Diane's Place
Donna-Diane's Sister
Jessica's World-Diane's daughter
Susie's Space
Tammy

Also: Ryan Vaughan
Food Network

2 comments:

Barb said...

Hi Karen,

Thank you for leaving a comment at my place. And welcome to blogging. I think you'll enjoy it.

You shouldn't compare yourself to any other bloggers. Each of us have our own style and it takes a while to make some connections out here, but it will happen.

Also, the longer you do this, the more you learn about adding things to your site if you want to. It takes a while to catch on to all the tricks, but really, most of it isn't difficult at all.

I'm sorry you're going through hard times right now. Believe me, I've been there, so I know that things usually get better. The important thing is that you're all together and enjoying your lives. Sounds like you keep your girls busy. So did I. They were involved in just about everything at school and it was really good for them.

I miss all the games so much, I'm really looking forward to when my grandchildren are old enough to play!

Thank you again for your visit and nice comment.

Diane@Diane's Place said...

Hi Karen. I just got home and got your email. I'll put a link to your blog on my next post and invite my readers to stop by here and visit you. I don't know if I'm going to post tonight or wait until Thursday. I've been away from home all day and I'm tired.

Sorry for the hard times you're going through. As you know my son in law, Jason, is searching for a good job but he hasn't had any luck yet. I hope he finds something soon.

As I said before, I'll help you if I can, but you'll have to ask specific questions because I don't want to seem to be taking over or assume what you do or don't know about blogging and posting.

Hugs,

Diane