Followers

Sunday, October 17, 2010

A QUIET WEEK.

Good Sunday Morning everyone. I am up early this morning and right now I am the only one up and am having my first cup of Coffee. It is 47 degrees here right now and is supposed to warm up later on in the day to the mid 80's. This past week I have been having to turn my Pad Heater on of the mornings and running it till about Noon and then turning the Air-Conditioner on until just before bedtime. LOL. I guess it's just that time of the year where we have to use both of them.

Well this past week has been a pretty much quiet week around here. The girls had their regular Gym and Cheerleading practices on Tuesday and Thursday and our oldest went Wednesday after School to try out for the Bowling Team at School. Still haven't heard if she made it or not. Yesterday, we went over to hubby's Brother's house for a Family Cookout and to celebrate 2 Birthdays. We were celebrating his wife's Birthday and their daughter's Birthday. Had alot of good food and Birthday Cake and Ice Cream. We all enjoyed visiting with Family and even some real good friends that are just like Family. I didn't take my Camera to take any pictures because I just wasn't in a mood to take any pictures and since I don't remember how to upload them up on here, I just said the heck with it. LOL.

The girls do have their first Basketball Game this coming Friday night to start Cheering at. It will be out of town, but that's okay, at least it's on a Friday night. They finally got their new Cheer Uniforms in this past week and they are real pretty and look good on both of them. They are supposed to do a dance on the 26th to Michael Jackson's, "THRILLER". They have been working on that and I seen some of it this past Thursday when I went to pick them up from Cheerleading Practice. Both of the Jr. and Sr. High Cheerleaders will be doing it together and it looked really good. I'm excited for them and can't wait to see them actually do it. They have to wear some ripped and torn clothes just for the dance tho. I will be taking pictures of that and will have them posted on my Facebook, so those of you who are on my Facebook, be sure to watch for the pictures sometime after the 26th.

Yesterday when we were going to hubby's Brother's house for the Family cookout, we stopped by the Post Office to check the Mail. Well lo and behold, I had a letter saying that we had been approved for Food Stamps. "THANK YOU" Lord for yet another answered prayer. I was a little disappointed in the amount we will be getting tho, but I guess every little bit will help out. What really gets me is that some people will lie about the things they have to turn in and get alot more Food Stamps each month and then you have people like me who are honest and tell the truth and don't really get as much as those other people who lie do. Oh well, at least I am "THANKFUL" to be getting some tho. It has been so bad on us that we haven't been able to buy groceries ourselves. It takes everything that hubby makes just to pay the bills and put gas in 2 vehicles to last 2 weeks. After that, there is nothing really left. I just hope and pray that he will be able to find a better paying job someday soon and will get paid every week. I would try to find a job, but if I did that, it would put an end on me trying to get my Disability. Still haven't heard anything on that. The last thing I heard was something about a hearing and it could take up to a year just for the hearing. I have one of the best Attorney's working on it and I'm sure he knows what he is doing, but it just seems like it is taking forever.

Oh well, sorry for all the complaining and griping this morning, but i guess I haven't had enough Coffee yet. LOL. I keep remember the saying that, "All Good Things Comes to Those Who Wait".

Well, guess I will go for now and start doing my visits to your blogs. Hope everyone has a great Sunday and a good week. May GOD BLESS each and everyone of you.

Love and Hugs,

Karen H.

8 comments:

Hootin Anni said...

Karen....I think that your honesty will pay off someday for a much brighter future for you all!!! Those that lie will pay dearly someday and it'll creep up on them and SLAM BAM 'em in the patootie!!!

Lib said...

Hey Miz. Karen,
So happy you're back!
Sounds like the girls are doing quite well:o)
Hope your DH can find a better job soon!
So happy you got your F.S. that will help a great deal! News says economy is getting better but I sure don't know where!
Hope you have a great wk.
Thanks for the cof. and visit. Love our visitis!

Love,Hugs, PrayersXOXOX,Lib

Loretta said...

It sure has been beautiful weather. Pete has been home with the truck in the shop for two weeks. We've been working in the yard and enjoying just setting under the shade trees talking. I am so glad that you heard from the food stamp office with good news. I keep hoping things will get better soon, keep your chin up.

Unknown said...

Karen
Thank you so much for your kind commets. I do hope ad pray you can get your disiablity started soon. I will be prayer for you. Your girls are beautiful.
Love and hugs
Lisa

Unknown said...

Karen
Thank you so much for your kind comments. I do hope ad pray you can get your disability started soon. I will be praying for you. Your girls are beautiful.
Love and hugs
Lisa

Dawn said...

Thanks for stopping by - glad you had such a good week and that your food stamps came through!

bj said...

OMGosh, girl...I have wondered and wondered what in the world happened to you. It seemed like you were there one day and gone the next.
It's really great that you are back.

Joyce said...

Thank you Karen for being back. I am glad that you are now getting food stamps. They will help even though not as much as you thought you would get. Your girls are growing up faster than I could imagine. I will pray for your Hubby to find a better paying job.

Love and Hugs,
Joyce