This picture was taken back last Summer when our girls went to Mountain View, AR, for the week with my Parents and Sister. The big rocking chair has "MOMMA HORTON" on it. I don't know if you can click on it or not to enlarge it, but I think it was taken with my Sister's Cell Phone. You can try and see. Since I am our girl's MOMMA and our last name is HORTON, I thought this was a very cool rocking chair. Not everyday you find a rocking chair with you name on it. I told the girls I would love to have this big rocker at my house. LOL. I could rock them both in it. LOL. They are too big for that now, but I do miss it. Ain't no telling what the cost of the rocker is, but I'm sure it cost's a purty penny. I just love to look at this picture with our girls in it. I love our girls very much. I hope you enjoyed my Phriday's Phavorite Photo Phun.
Today is also SHOW & TELL FRIDAY. It is hosted by Kelli@ http://kellishouse.blogspot.com/. If you would like to do FRIDAY SHOW & TELL, go and visit Kelli and sign the Mr. Linky and leave her a comment and then post something on your blog.
This is a Dolphin Globe. It is a Sea Shell that is opened up and has a globe in the center of it. You can see a dolphin in the globe. There is a button on the back of whole globe that you can turn on and it lights up the inside of the globe where the dolphin is. It's like Rainbow colors. I had it on while I took this picture, but you can't tell it. I had to use a spotlight to have enough light to show this. That's why there is a shadow in the background. This was taken with my Cell Phone Camera, so you probably won't be able to enlarge this one. You can see at the very bottom all the little details and it has glitter on it as well. It is really beautiful when it is lit up. I love to sit in the dark and just watch it. My DH was out on the road back last year and I am always telling him that I want him to get me something that he has picked out. Most of the times when he buys me things, I have to pick it out, so it's really no surprise to me. He called me one day and said he had got me something that cost $50.00. I was like WOW. He said he had spent the rest of his money on me. I was like, awwww, you are the best man in the world. That's what I told him. He got home that weekend and gave it to me. It was still in a sack. He went to get a shower and I opened it up. I saw this and just fell in love with it. I was so happy. Then I spotted something else in the sack. It was a piece of paper. It was a Sales Receipt. I thought, hmmmm. I decided to look at it. Well lo and behold, it was the receipt to the Dolphin Globe he had bought me. And, do you think he actually paid $50.00 for it? LOL. NO. It had a price of like $11.95 on it plus tax. Oh my goodness, I just laughed so hard. So, I decided to play with him a bit. No, not what your thinking. Shame on you for having a dirty mind. LOL. When he got out of the shower, I just started loving all over him and kissing him and telling him how much I loved the Dolphin Globe and how beautiful it was. I told him that he shouldn't have spent $50.00 on that. I had the receipt in my hand where he couldn't see it. I asked him, what is this? He looked at it and he started grinning from ear to ear. He knew he had been found out. LOL. It was so funny. But I told him that I didn't mind that it didn't cost $50.00. I told him it was the thought behind it and that he was the one that picked it out for me and I didn't know what it was till he got home. True Love comes from the Heart. My DH has a heart of gold and he loves me very much. I, of course love him very much as well. We are best friends. So, that my friends, is my SHOW & TELL FRIDAY for you. I hope you enjoyed it.
Well, I was Tagged again do share 7 random or weird things about me last week by Lib@http://libsprivateparadise.blogspot.com/ and a couple of weeks ago by Laura@ http://2lmzfarms.blogspot.com/ are the rules. Share 7 random/weird things about you. Post the rules. Link to the person/person's that tagged you. Tag 7 random people at the end of your post and include a link back to their blog. Let each person know that they have been tagged by leaving them a comment. So, here goes mine.
1. Okay, I'm coming out of the closet here and letting everyone know that I smoke. I know, I know, it's bad for me, but I have smoked for year's and it is hard for me to quit. My DH smokes too. I hope yall don't hate me for telling yall that. We all have dark closets, and I just decided to come out of that closet and let yall know.
2. I have a glass eye. When I was a little girl in the 1st grade, I was playing with a butter knife. My Mom had my Sister and my baby doll beds tied together with a string under their carport. I have no idea why she even had them tied up. I was wanting to play with mine. I snuck in the kitchen and got a butter knife and went out the back door to try and cut the string apart myself. Well, somehow or another, when I was in the process of cutting the string, the knife came back and hit me in my left eye. I screamed of course. My parents came running to my rescue and saw the knife laying on the carport. Part of my Pupil was laying on the carport as well. They took me to our local doctor whom my Mother was working for at the time and he said I needed to go to Memphis. We went to the Baptist Hospital and they did surgery on me. To make a long story short, I could see out of my eye for a few years after surgery. Then, Glaucoma set in and finally on the 4th surgery, I had to have my eye removed. I was like in the 5th grade by this time. I got a glass eye afterwards. I have been wearing glasses ever since then. They started out as protection glasses, but me only having on eye to see out of, it put alot of strain on my good eye. I had to start having stronger lenses. I do have a contact that I wear from time to time, but most of the time I just wear my glasses.
3. I am overweight. I'll not tell what I weigh, but I am overweight. I have struggled with this all of my life. It does run in my Family tho. After I found out I was a Diabetic a few years back, I did lose some weight then. I think I lost about 30 pounds. I have since gained it back. I just like to eat, plain and simple. I don't sit around and eat food all of the time, but when I do eat, I like to get full of what I am eating.
4. I have been made fun of all of my life because of my eye and me being overweight. When I was still in School, it used to bother me really bad and I would cry. After I got grown, it didn't bother me as well. I do see people starring at me if I'm out in public.
5. I am scared of heights. Oh yeah baby, I am. LOL. I was with my DH one time out on the road and we had to go thru the Smokey Mountains. I could see them on my side and I could see waaaayyyy down there if ya know what I mean. LOL. I freaked out and went into the sleeper. I just couldn't take it anymore. I have flown before as well, but the last time I did fly, I acted like a big baby. LOL. When I was flying to my destination, this guy next to me bought one of those small bottles of wine they serve on the planes. He let me play on his laptop as well. On the way back from my destination, one of the Stewardist, gave me a small bottle of wine to settle my nerves. LOL. I know yall are probably thinking I am crazy by now. I am not, I promise you.
6. I can't swim. Nope, I sure can't. I 'm scared of water to a certain degree. If it gets up to my chest, I start hyperventilating. So, I stay in the kiddie pools. LOL. I have got to be where I can touch the bottom of the pool or the lake or ocean. I do love being in the water tho.
7. I can't dance. Well, let's just say I can't do any of those dances they do these days. LOL. I can slow dance, but that's about it. I like to go dancing only if I can slow dance. Me and DH has been to a couple of Kariokie places wherre you can dance, and we have slowed dance a few times.
Now, I'm to Tag 7 random people to do this. Whewwww, this was so hard on me. I sure hope yall don't hate me now or think bad of me.
1. Sarah@ http://a-bend-in-the-road.blogspot.com/
4. Stephanie@ http://gracioussouthernliving.blogspot.com/
5. Shari@ http://thedailythree.blogspot.com/
6. Brenda@ http://whatsupdownsouth.blogspot.com/
7. Anne@ http://mamasfamilylife.blogspot.com/
I do hope that I am caught up on all the Tag's and Meme's for a while. LOL. When you put one off you get behind really bad. I know my post's the last few days has been long, but I'm trying to catch up here. I hope I haven't forgotten any. I do think that the ones I have done this week has caught me up. If not, I'm sure someone will let me know. LOL
I have received some Awards from a couple of friends that I was going to share, but I think I will wait till either Saturday or Monday to post about them. Who knows, I may be rolling out the red carpet again. LOL.
I don't know for sure if I will post tomorrow or Sunday, I will have to wait and see. If I don't, I will post again on Monday. I just have to wait and see what is going on with us over the weekend. Our youngest daughter is suppose to Cheerlead again Saturday morning for the boys pee-wee Basketball games. She has to next Saturday as well. Anyway, take care my friends and have a great day and weekend. May God Bless You and Yours.
LOVE & HUGS,