Followers

Monday, December 31, 2007

NEW YEAR'S EVE - MONDAY 2007

Good Monday Mornin' Yall,
It is a chilly mornin' here. It is currently 31 degrees with no windchill. Yesterday was a pretty day. We had Sunshine all day here. It's suppose to be Sunny here to day and up to near 58 degrees for the high. Much, much colder air is moving in later tonight. The highs tomorrow and Wednesday will only be in the 30's and the lows down into the teens. Now that my friend is going to be cold. They say it's the coldest air so far this season.
Today is New Year's Eve. This is my last post for this year. What kind of New Year's Eve plans do you have? If you want to share them with me, feel free to do so in the comment box. We don't go out and party. We never have. Ever since hubby and me has been married, it's always been either raining, too cold, or yes, snowy outside. So, we just decided to stay home. Now we may get out and make a few blocks around town or something like that, but we don't get out on the main highways. And, when the girls were younger, they would always stay all night at my Parents house and me and hubby would just celebrate ourselves. Then, for about the last 3 or 4 years, they got to where they wanted to stay home, so we have let them. All 4 of us have our own New Year's Eve Party here at home. I will be having some chips and dips, chex mix, and a Hore'derve platter which will consist of olives, pickles, shrimp, and cocktail sausages. I also have a cheeseball that I have kept hidden since Christmas Eve. We will have that with some crackers. I bought the girls some Apple Cider the other day when I bought groceries so they will have that to drink tonight. I did get me a bottle of Champagne for tonight as well. So, at the stroke of midnight we will all have a toast and ring in the New Year together. Also tonight I will be cooking my Black-Eyed Peas with a Ham Hock in it. That way tomorrow, all I have to do is heat them up and fix my homemade Buttermilk cornbread. Since it's going to be a very cold and windy New Year's Day, it will be a good day to stay inside and eat those warm Black-Eyed Peas. Ever since we have started doing this on New Year's Eve, the girls always look forward to it each year. We will also be watching Dick Clark's New Year's Rockin' Eve and watching the ball drop from New York's Times Square. This year Hannah Montana and the Jonas Brothers are going to be on there so they girls are really excited about watching it tonight. Do you make any New Year's Resolution's? I used to years ago but quit doing it because I never could keep them. I just take one day at a time and do the best I can do for that day.
Today is my good friend BJ@SweetNothings 70th Birthday. "HAPPY BIRTHDAY" BJ!!!! I have only know BJ for a short time and I really love to visit her place. She lives in West Texas. If you have never been to visit BJ, please go over and visit her and wish her a "HAPPY BIRTHDAY". I know she will be glad to have a visit with you.
I was tagged last night by Lib@Lib'sPrivateParadise . Here's how it works:
Link to the person that Tagged you.(Lib@Lib'sPrivateParadise )
Post the rules on your blog.(Done)
Share 7 random and/or weird facts about yourself.(See Below
Tag 7 random people at the end of your post and include links to their blog.
Let each person know that they have been Tagged by leaving a comment on their blog.(I hope they don't ignore me).
7 Random Facts About Karen
1. I love blogging. I think I'm addicted to it. LOL.

2. I love being with my Family. They are very important to me and a major part of my life.

3. I love Christmas. It's my favorite Holiday and I love to decorate for Christmas.

4. I love to cook.

5. I am a home body type of person. I had rather be at home than anywhere else.

6. I am scared of heights. LOL.

7. I love to watch the Food Network & TLC Channels.
Now, I am going to Tag the following people.
This was a bit harder than I thougth it was going to be. LOL. Oh well, I do hope you enjoyed it and that if I have Tagged you, you will participate.
Yesterday I did about 4 loads of laundry. I also washed up some dishes. We didn't go anywhere yesterday. We just stayed at home. We didn't get up till 10:45a.m. LOL. For our supper last night we had some Ham & Cheese Hot Pockets and Philly Steak & Cheese Hot Pockets and some Tater Tots. I just put them in the oven and let my oven do all the cooking for me. LOL. Hey, sometimes cooking that way is the easiest way. LOL.
Today we are planning on taking our Christmas Tree and all of our decorations down. We usually leave them up till after the first of the year. But since hubby will be leaving Wednesday for his new job, I don't know if he will be home this coming weekend or not. So, we will take it all down and he will put it out in the storage shed out behind our house. It sure is going to look funny around here after it's down. It will take a while to get used to it again being normal. LOL.
Here's a little bit of information for you. You may or may not have already known this. I didn't know it till I read it. Often sung around New Year's Day, but not always understood, what exactly does the "Auld Lang Syne" mean? Well, I will tell you.
Usually sung every New Years, "Auld Lang Syne" means "Old long ago". This theme song for New Year's Day was first published in 1796. I hope you enjoyed this little bit of information
Well, guess I'll go for now. I am having my first cup of coffee. I woke up on my own again this morning around 3:45a.m. It was nearly midnight before I went to sleep last night. Maybe after the girls start back to school on Thursday I can get back into my regular routine. Who knows. LOL. Take care my friends and have a great Monday. "HAPPY NEW YEAR" to each and everyone of you from our Family. I have so enjoyed blogging this year and making and getting aquainted with so many new people. Even tho this has been a bad year for us, I do hope and pray that 2008 will be a better year not only for our Family but for each and everyone of you. Have a great New Year's Eve and be safe on the roads if you are planning to go out. I appreciate each and everyone of you that I have come to know this past year.

LOVE & HUGS,

29 comments:

Anonymous said...

Morning Miz Karen,

Your New Years eve menu sounds great to me. We don't normally get out but we've been invited to a friends house for a guitar jam session.

I make the black eyes and cabbage and cornbread for New Years day.

24ยบ here this morning!

Have a great day!

SweetAnnee said...

A most HAPPY new year to you my friend.!!
Hope 2008 is full of blessings
deena

Karen said...

Hey Karen,
I hope you and your sweet family have a wonderful New Years Eve and Day! It sounds like my kind of celebration, too. We do something similar, but we're such sleepy-heads, it's hard to stay awake to watch the ball drop! LOL! I plan to just have a slow day today, and make some snacks for tonight. It's turning colder here tonight, so my sweetie will probably make a fire, and we'll snuggle up in the den to watch the festivities. We don't like being on the road on New Year's, so we usually stay here.
See ya in 2008!
Blessings,
Karen

Joyce said...

Good Day Karen, We usually go out to hear Southern Gospel, but the lead singer died this past Nov. so no party there. We plan to go to a party at out Church. Usually they have a big bash for the teens, but dicided to have an adult bash this year. Come over and see my answeres to being tagged.

Love and Hugs,

bj said...

Dearest Friend, Karen, thank you sooo much for wishing me a happy birthday on your lovely blog. It was very sweet of you to remember me and I do appreciate it. I also LOVED the e-card you took the time to send. You are very special!!
We, too, have blackeyes for luck each New Years Day....I am going to make my cornbread with buttermilk so I'll have a part of you here with me, too!! Mine won't taste as good as yours, tho!
We usually go out for dinner on NY Eve because of it being the birthday but don't go any where else. We're scared of drunks on the street!! :)
Thanks again, so much, and have a wonderful day!
hugs, bj

Hootin Anni said...

Oh me too!!! Me TOO!!! I'm scared of heights too. In fact, just the 2nd story of the mall looking down to the first floor, I get 'funny feeling'....but what is even MORE weird, I love to fly when I travel. Go figure.

Here, it's nothing, nothing at all. We even go to bed at our regular time around 10 or 1030 and zonk out.

Black eyed peas is really a southern dish. I've made them before because it's 'traditional'...but nothing good ever happened as the myth tells me, so I just cook regular stuff. rofl

Happy New Year dear Karen...hope your day treats you well too.

Betty said...

I don't know if I can figure out how to do this, Karen, but I'll try. First of all, I'll be going to my doctor's office this morning for an EKG and then I have a couple more errands to run. The part I may have trouble with is putting links to other people's sites in my post, but I promise to try.

Will get back with you when I return home.

Julie said...

Happy New Year to you as well. Started taking down our Christmas decor this weekend too. What a huge mess everything is! I had to buy 2 more containers and to be honest - I need another one!

Julie said...

Almost forgot...you are going to LOVE your digital camera!

Kristen said...

Hi Karen,

I wanted to stop by and thank you for your encouragement and your prayers for me and my twins! It is very much appreciated!

Sounds like you've got some fun and SAFE New Years Eve plans in store. That's good! Celebrate a little extra for me; I'll be watching the ball drop from my hospital bed.

Linda said...

Happy New Year Karen, Your evening celebration sounds great. We are going out to an early dinner to one of our favorite restaurant.
I loved reading all about you in the tag...I think they are such fun....I love blogging too.
Wishing all the best to you and yours in our new year~2008. Linda

Mimi said...

Hi Karen,
I came to visit you by way of Deena's blog...
I really like your blog... and I would like to wish your family a very Happy New Year.....please come to visit me at "Listen to Grammie"
Mimi,
P.S.
I lived in Clinton Arkansas for about 5 years when I was a little girl... is that anywhere near you?

Talk..to..Grams said...

Hi, Happy New Year!! I will get to the tag deal thing later! With Carrie visiting it might take me a little longer!!
Sounds like you will have a great New Years!! We stay home and in too!! Love and Hugs, Grams

bj said...

thanks for thinking of me for this fun tag...i am working on it and will probably post tomorrow.
i loved reading your answers!
hugs, bj

BittersweetPunkin said...

Happy Happy New Year Karen!!!
Blessings,
Robin

Unknown said...

Hi Karen!
Happy New Year to you and your beautiful family!!! It sounds like you have a wonderful night planned! We always stay home for New Year's Eve too. It is much safer! Chad and I put in a scary movie and watch that cuddled under a big blanket with champagne :)

ALL of my Christmas decor is coming down tomorrow. I am so SICK of it, lol!!

Love ya,
Amy

CIELO said...

Blessings to you and yours on 2008, my dear Karen.

Year's end is neither an end nor a beginning but a going on, with all the wisdom that experience can instill in us. ~Hal Borland.

Cielo

Talk..to..Grams said...

Hi again! Carrie went up to Blue Springs to see her grand babies and I had enough time before Karen brings home pizza's for tonight to get my 7 randon facts up!! Come on over and read them when you have time!! I didn't tag anyone I don't tag very often!!! Love and Hugs Grams

Carole Burant said...

Dearest Karen,

I wish I lived near enough, I'd take you up on your offer of spending New Year's Eve with you and your family:-) I really don't mind spend it alone, though...I plan on watching one of my new dvd's, the latest Pirates of the Caribbean. An evening with Capt'n Jack Sparrow ain't bad at all! hehe

It's snowing here AGAIN! It's 26F at the moment and to us that's a heatwave after the frigid temps we had earlier in December!!

I so enjoyed reading the 7 random facts about you. I'm also terrified of heights so I can sympathize with you there!!

I've got all my Christmas decorations down except for the tree...will take that down the day after tomorrow. Right now everything is piled high on the spare bed...have to get the containers from downstairs so that I can pack everything up again.

New Year is a time for celebration of love, of life, of friendship. It's the time to thank God for wonderful friends, and to bring to their lives as much magic as they bring to ours...so here's celebrating our friendship and praying that its magic continues forever. Happy New Year to you and yours dear Karen! xoxo

Betty said...

Happy New Year, Karen.

I think it's really sweet that you and your hubby spend time at home with your girls on New Year's Eve. Some good memories being made at your house.

I posted my 7 facts about myself but didn't tag anyone. I couldn't figure out how to link to their sites on my blog. I thought I had to do it in such a way where anyone visiting could click on it and it would take them over to that person's blog. Then when I came back and looked at your's, that's not the way it works. Oh well, I'm still trying to learn all this. Maybe next time you tag me I'll do a better job.

Again, Happy New Year to you and your family. We always stay home and watch the new year come in together if we don't get sleepy and go to bed before midnight. LOL

Gran said...

Hi Karen... Happy New Year's Eve to you and your family.

I will spend my here with my little guy Rocky...We are going to have a few munchies, watch the new movie Hairspray until we get sleepy.

My decorations are all put away except for my snowmen and the outside decorations.

For my New Years Dinner....Boston Butt Pork Roast and Sauerkraut slow cooked in crockpot, black-eyed peas, cornbread,fried sliced jowls, collard greens and amaretto cheesecake.

May your night be filled with lots of laughter and fellowship with your family as you bring in the New Year 2008!

Diane@Diane's Place said...

I have some blackeyed peas and some hog jowl I may cook for tomorrow. Not sure what we'll be doing tomorrow. My sisters may be here or not. No big plans for tonight or tomorrow. We'll just stay home. No toasting or booze or partying for us old fuddy duddies, LOL! ;o) I bought some sparking grape juice but I drank it Saturday night. ;o)

I'll get to the meme soon. I'm working on a new Winter theme for my blog and my sister Cecil's, plus that awards page link. Grrr!

Happy, healthy and prosperous New Year to you and yours, Karen! ;o)

Love and hugs,

Diane

Rachel said...

Hi Karen! We are supposed to get that cold weather too with maybe a snow flurry thrown in!

You New Year Eve sounds like fun, just staying home with the family. I'll be staying home. I don't care to be out much either on this night. I wish you all the best in 2008!!! So glad you started blogging!!!

Renie Burghardt said...

Hi Karen,

I'm late as usual, but better late than never, I hope. I have company and will be spending New Years Eve at home with them, then going out to dinner tomorrow, before they leave tomorrow night. But had to stop by and wish you and yours a Happy New Year! May it be filled with many blessings!

Love and Hugs,

Renie

Mountain Mama said...

Hello Karen and A Happy New Year to you and your's.
I will be sitting in front of the TV tonight with my little Yorkie's, Praying that all my family and friends will have a wonderful year in 2008.

Cecil said...

Hey Karen! HAPPY NEW YEAR!!! I will probably be asleep when it rings in ... I can't stay up late.. I have always been that way.. but my sinus medicine makes me sleepy, too. Hubby had to work and will have to get up early in the am so we will go to bed before it gets too late... we only drink Coke... lol so that is all we will have..unless I warm up some hot spiced cider! ;-) It is good that you spend your New Year's Eve with your family.. what better fun? I am glad you started visiting me and I hope you have a blessed new year... you and all your family... Hugs to you... Cecil

Cheryl said...

Happy New Year, Karen!! Thank you for the nice comments on my blog. Hope you have an awesome 2008!

Take care.
Cheryl

Cottage Contessa said...

Happy New Year Karen! It sounds like you and your family had a wonderful Christmas together, and a very lovely New Years Eve planned. I hope this year is truly fantastic for you all sweetie!
Amanda (aka Cottage Contessa)

Unknown said...

Karen, I will be glad to do the tag, however I need to ask for a bit of time before I get to it. Things have gotten a bit crazy here over the last few days.v