Followers

Friday, December 28, 2007

FRIDAY SHOW & TELL

Good Friday Mornin' Yall,
I do hope everyone had a great Thursday and ready to start a new day. It is 39 degrees here with no windchill. It is raining outside as well. They say the rain is suppose to be moving out be noon. I haven't even looked outside yet. I just got up at 6:15a.m. I had to call hubby and wake him up. I am just now having my first cup of coffee. Would you like to join me on this cold rainy morning with a cup of coffee? I would love to have you visit with me.
Today is Show & Tell Friday. The last 2 times I did the Show & Tell Friday, I didn't go by the rules. I'm sorry Kelli. So today, I would like to share with you my Christmas Villages. I just took the pictures this morning. Like I've said before, the only camera I have is on my Cell Phone. The first picture is the left side of my Villages. I know, it's on the dark side. Maybe you can enlarge it and see it better. I have alot of Christmas Tins as well that are in the back part. To the top left is one of my Nativity sets. In this set, the Baby Jesus is missing. I don't know what happened to it, but I still put it up anyway. It is sitting on top of one of my Christmas Tins. The picture doesn't do any justice.This second picture is of the middle section of my Christmas Villages. I have a very small tree sitting on another big Christmas Tin. It doesn't have a star or anything on the top of the tree, but I do have an Angel that is actually an ornament that I hung from the top. Like I said, the pictures doesn't do it any justice at all.
The last picture here is from the right side of my Villages. You can see some more of my Christmas Tins as well. Do you see the littel Train Set? That actually came from a kid's meal from Burger King several years ago when our girls were smaller. It is a replica of a Christmas Movie from that year. My mind is blank right now and I can't for the life of me remember what year it was or the name of the movie. Maybe some of yall will know. If you do, please let me know in the comment section. I have little figurines standing all around the Villages as well. I'm sorry I don't have a camera to show better pictures, but I do hope that you enjoyed looking at my Villages. So today my friend, this is my Show & Tell Friday. Kelli@ThereIsNoPlaceLikeHome is hosting this week's Show & Tell Friday. If you want to join in the fun, go by and visit Kelli and she will have all the details on how to participate.

I would like to let everyone know about a Giveaway. Jo@NeereAnDearCreations.com is hosting this giveaway. I don't have a picture to show you what will be given away, but you have a choice of what you want. You can either have some customized cards or a pillow all designed by Jo. All you have to do is drop by her blog and leave her a Memory or Tradition of yours. It doens't even have to be about Christmas. You will then be entered in the Giveaway. Next, if you want your name entered again, link back to her on your blog. Also, if you tell her who sent you, you will get your name entered again. The limit is 5 times to be entered. The contest is open until December 31, 2007 until 12:01a.m. EST. The winner will be announced on January 2, 2008. Trust me yall, go visit Jo at the above link, and you will see what you can win. There are some beautiful pictures to choose from. Be sure to tell her that you came to her by me. "Thank You" so much. Good Luck to everyone.
Now, I want to ask for some more Prayer Request's. First off, alot of yall know Dawn, of Call Me Grandma Dawn. Well, her Daughter Kristen is expecting Twins. Kristen has been on bedrest for the last couple of weeks per Doctor's orders. Kristen had to go the other day and have a shot to help improve the Lung Functions of the Babies. She was suppose to have went yesterday for another shot which was the most vital effect on the Babies Lungs. Please keep Kristen and her Babies as well as Dawn and all the Family in your prayers. If you have never been to visit Dawn, please if you have time, go by and visit with her and show her some Love and Support. Another Blogging Friend of mine, Betty, of Betty's This and That is going in the hospital today for a shock treatment to her Heart. It is to put her Heart back into rythmn. It is a one day precedure and they will sedate her while the treatment is being done. She will have someone to drive her home after the shock treatment. If you have never been to visit Betty, stop by when you have time and show her some Love and Support as well. I "THANK YOU" in advance for these prayer request's.

Yesterday morning after hubby left to go to work, I was sitting here at my computer. I started getting cold and I noticed the heat wasn't coming on. So, I went to turn it up a bit, and wouldn't you know it, it wouldn't come on. It sounded like it was trying to come on, but it wouldn't. I went and got back in bed under the cover's and told the girls to stay in bed under the covers as well. I called our Landlord and he sent one of his maintenance guys out here around 11:00a.m to check it out. There was something touching something in there and it wouldn't let it come on. The guy hit it with a screwdriver and it started working. "PRAISE GOD" it has been working ever since. He told me to keep a check on it and if it quit working to let him know. Knock on wood, it's still working. GOD IS GOOD, ALL THE TIME GOD IS GOOD!!!! I'm just glad it wasn't nothing too serious for us not to be able to have any heat.

I didn't do any laundry yesterday. I wasn't feeling too good all day anyway. The girls wanted to go spend the night with my Parents. I took them to Rivervale, AR to meet my Mother. Rivervale is about half-way between Caraway and Lepanto. Since I wasn't feeling too good, my Mother just met us there. I came back to town and had to stop at the local Dollar General Store to pick up a few necessities. Well, while I was there, they had all of their Christmas stuff marked down 50% off. My Parents had given me and hubby some money for Christmas. So, I used some of mine to buy me 4 Chargers to go under my Poinsetta China. I bought 2 Gold Chargers and 2 Red Chargers. They were regularly $2.00 a piece, but I got them for $1.00 a piece. I also found a set of Santa Dishes in a box. It was a 16-piece set. There was 2 bowls broken in the set and the lady let me have the set for $5.50. I thought that was a great bargain there. Now, I have 2 set's of Christmas Dishes for next year. Those Chargers look really good under my Poinsetta Dishes. My Poinsetta Dishes are trimmed in Gold around the edges. After I left the Dollar General Store, I came back home and stayed in the rest of the evening.

Hubby left yesterday morning going to Meta, MO. He made it there fine and got unloaded. He had to go up to Mexico, MO to pick up another load. Well, while he was at the place there in Mexico fixing to get loaded, something happened to his truck. He had to call someone to come and fix his truck. It was some kind of air line thing that had blown off. Anyway, he got loaded and drove almost to Springfield, MO and shut down for the night. He is having to take this load to Springdale, AR. From Springdale, AR he goes to Fort Smith, AR to pick up another load and delivers it in Newark, AR. After he has unloaded there, he will come home. He said it may be tonight or in the morning before he gets home. I do hope it will be tonight tho.

Well, I guess that's about all for this Friday. I think I will go and see who is up and I can have coffee with this morning. Take care my friends and have a great Friday. May God Bless You and Yours.


LOVE & HUGS,

22 comments:

Unknown said...

Good morning Karen. I am finally able to get on the computer, to catch up on everyones news.

Your friends are added to my prayers and I am praying that your furnace keeps going as well. A person does need heat at this time of year.

Talk to you later.

Joyce said...

Hi Karen, Good morning to you. Thank you for the heads up for prays for your friends. I will add them to my pray list. Your husband will be glad to be home. I am glad He starts a new job the first part of Jan.

Love and Hugs,

Hootin Anni said...

Mornin' Karen!!
First the new meme for Friday --the Phriday Phavorite Photo Phun [I like typing that :::giggles:::] Anyway, you asked if there were any rules...NOPE, no rules. You know me with rules!! I don't do rules. LOL

Anyway, just post your photo on PHridays and drop by and add your url/name to the Mr. Linky I'll provide.
---

Now, on with the show, this is it......

Ewwwwwww, no heat, in the cold! You were lucky it wasn't something that would mean a new furnace. AND, it's kinda spooky about you saying "something was touching something" ---sounds like it may short out! Hope that it doesn't happen again!!! I'll take a spot of hot tea with you, I'm not a coffee drinker,....sounds good to me! Oh, and the rain? Send some our way! Tho Texas had the wettest summer on record, it's dry and parched here now!!

Hootin Anni said...

......by the way, the security letters to type in to post the comment I had above was "PUKHN"...looks like pukin' to me!!! rofl

ellen b. said...

Your village and tins and decorations look great. Hope you have a wonderful New Year!

Amanda said...

It's lovely! When our children are older, maybe we can have something like that too. :)

I hope you're feeling better today!

Shari said...

Thanks for sharing your pics of your villages and tins.

Sounds like you got a good deal at the Dollar General. We have one here in town, too, but I haven't gone there yet.

Stay warm. Glad that the heat started up again for you.

Take care and God bless.

bj said...

Hi, Mizz Karen, So glad your heater is working now. Oh, my...that would be terrible if it didn't work thru this cold winter day!
I hope you will post a pic of your new dishes for us to see. Even with the camera phone, your pics look pretty darn good!
Have a warm and blessed day....
bj

Lib said...

Hi MIz. Karen,
I do hope you're feeling better.
Your village is nice.:o)
I added your friends to our prayer list.
Hope Dh makes it home tonight.
You did find some good buys:o)
Your dishes sounds pretty.
We're getting rain here also.
So glad you were able to get your heat working. I hope it doesn't go out again!
I Hope you have a Great Day.
My pot of cof. is made waiting for you and Hope to have a cup a ...with me:o)
Blessins', Lib

Dawn said...

Thanks for the prayer request for Kristen. I would put the hospital address up, but don't know if she'll be in the same room when she gets back there.

It's below zero today. HOpe our furnace doesn't quit!

Anonymous said...

I love Christmas villages--so pretty!
:)Kat
http://www.xanga.com/sassykat1213

BittersweetPunkin said...

Good morning Karen! I like your lil village!
Blessings for a great Friday!
Love,
Robin

Chrissie said...

God bless you, Karen! Hope you feel better soon!
Chrissie

Unknown said...

Hi Karen! Beautiful village! Hope you are feeling better and things are going well. You deserve a wonderful new year!

Love ya,
Amy

Diane@Diane's Place said...

Hi, Karen. I can't see the third picture of the train, but was it the Polar Express???

I'm still working on my awards page. I fooled with it for over 2 hours last night and finally gave up on it. I just couldn't get the link to the button to work. I'll work on it some more today maybe....

I've already been by Dawn's blog and she emailed me, too. Poor Kristen, but as I told Dawn, we do what we have to do for ourselves and our babies.

Hope you have a good weekend, and that heater keeps working!

Love and hugs,

Diane

Talk..to..Grams said...

Hi, It is way past morning, but here I am!! :) I have been really slow getting my blogging done since Christmas!I will go by Grandma Dawn's. I am glad they were able to fix your heat for you! Julie,over at Jules Journal had heating problems on Christmas too!!
I am glad you had a nice Christmas !! We had snow today! Love and Hugs Grams

Susan said...

Lovely.
Susan

Renie Burghardt said...

Good evening, Karen,

Your Christmas Villages are beautiful! I really enjoyed looking at them.

Prayers said for Kristen, Betty.

Glad the problem with the heat wasn't too serious. The forecast is for Arctic cold starting Tuesday night, and our heaters better be working well on those nights, right? Right!

I hope you're feeling better today. And Dollar General always has some great after Christmas bargains.

I enjoyed your Friday Show and Tell. Hope you're having a nice Friday night and will have a great weekend. Take care and God bless!

Hugs,

Renie

Betty said...

Karen, first of all I want to thank you so much for posting a prayer request for me on your blog today. That was so sweet of you, and I appreciate your prayers and the prayers of others.

Our weather here has been messy all day as well. It has rained most of the day. I hated having to drive to Nashville in the rain to get my procedure done. I did okay with the procedure, but I'll write more about that tomorrow.

I loved seeing the pictures of your Christmas Villages. So neat. I also posted a show and tell today, but I don't think I'm doing it right. I really don't know how to post a link to another's site.

Karen, I'm glad you got your heat back on, but think goodness you had a nice warm bed to get in while the heat was off.

Have a good weekend.

Amanda said...

Hey Karen,

Thank you for the warm welcome. I found you through Kelli's Linky for Show and Tell Friday. :)

Amanda

Anita said...

Dear Karen!

What a nice little Christmas village you have! Isn't it great to light up the candles when it's getting dark? Thanks for sharing!

Best wishes from cold and windy Germany and a Happy New Year!

Anita

Simply Shelley said...

Hi Karen, I love your Christmas village. Very pretty. Sounds like you got some great deals at Dollor General. I haven't been to any of the stores since Christmas. I plan to go today and picked up a few storage boxes to pack some of the decorations in. Don't have much money so I am sure I will be passing up a lot of bargins.

Blessings,Shelley