Followers

Sunday, December 23, 2007

CHRISTMAS DAY - THE CHRISTMAS PAGEANT


MERRY CHRISTMAS EVERYONE!!!!
Good Mornin' Yall,
Time to rise and shine. How about some coffee? Can I interest you in a piece of Pecan Pie, some Brownies, or maybe even a Chocolate Fudge Pie? LOL. I'm not actually eating that right now. It is 1:26a.m. as I'm typing this. I do hope that everyone had a great Christmas Eve. It is 29 degrees here right now. It was a nice day yesterday. We had no White Christmas, but at least it was a nice day.
As I told you in yesterday's post, I have another story that I would like to share. It is also from Joyce@CreationinProgress. I do hope you enjoyed yesterday's story. This one is called "THE CHRISTMAS PAGEANT". Here it is. I do hope you will enjoy it as well.

"The Christmas Invitation" It was the biggest night of the year in a little town called Cornwall.It was the night of the annual Christmas pageant. It's an especially bigdeal for the children in town -- they get to try out for the roles inthe Christmas story. Everybody wants a part. Which leads us to the problem of Harold. Harold really wanted to be inthe play, too, but he was - well, he was kind of a slow and simple kid.The directors were ambivalent - I mean, they knew Harold would becrushed if he didn't have a part, but they were afraid he might mess upthe town's magic moment. Finally, they decided to cast Harold as theinnkeeper - the one who turns Mary and Joseph away the night Jesus is tobe born. He had only one line - "I'm sorry, we have no room." Well, noone could imagine what that one line was going to do to everyone'sChristmas. The night of the pageant the church was packed, as usual. The Christmasstory unfolded according to plan - angels singing, Joseph's dream, andthe trip to Bethlehem. Finally, Joseph and Mary arrived at the door ofthe Bethlehem inn, looking appropriately tired. Joseph knocked on theinn door, and Harold was there to open the door. Joseph asked his question on cue - "Do you have a room for the night?"Harold froze. After a long pause, Harold mumbled his line, "I'm sorrywe have no room." And, with a little coaching, he shut the door. Thedirectors heaved a sigh of relief - prematurely. As Mary and Josephdisappeared into the night, the set suddenly started shaking again andthe door opened. Harold was back! And then, in an unrehearsed momentthat folks would not soon forget, Harold went running after the youngcouple, shouting as loud as he could -- "Wait! Don't go Joseph. BringMary back! You can have MY room!" I think little Harold may have understood the real issue of Christmasbetter than anyone else there that night. How can you leave Jesusoutside? You have to make room for Jesus. And that may be the issue foryou this Christmas. What will you do with this Son of God who came toearth to find you? Jesus is the One who trades a throne room for a stable, and the praiseof angels for human mockery. This is the Creator who gives Himself on across! The Bible gives us the only appropriate response: "The life I nowlive I live by faith in the Son of God who loved me and gave Himself forme." (Gal. 2:20) You look at what Jesus did to pay for your sin on thatcross, and you say those life-changing words - "For me." Jesus is at YOUR door this Christmas. Maybe He's been knocking for along time. Maybe He won't keep knocking much longer. All your lifeeven the events of the last few months - have been to prepare you forthis crossroads moment with Jesus your Savior. Don't leave Him outsideany longer. Open the door this Christmas Day. "Jesus, I cannot keep Youout any longer. Come on in. You can have my room . . . my life."

We had a wonderful Christmas Eve Dinner with my Parents and Sister and hubby's Mother. We had plenty of good food. I didn't sleep very well the night before, so I only ended up making Potato Salad and then I had a Hor'Derve Tray. (I know that ain't how you spell it, but hey, I live in the South, need I say more. LOL.) My Mother brought the Ham with Pineapples, Rolls, Pin Wheels, Pecan Pie, Chocolate Fudge Pie, Cheese Cake, and a Diabetic Coconut Cream Pie. My Sister brought some Ewie Gooey Bars, and then my Mother-In-Law brought some Cookies and Brownies. Oh, and my Mother brought the Cheese Ball as well. We had some crackers to go with it. She brougt me some Chocolate Bon-Bon's too. I've got them hid. LOL. I know, I know, but hey, I only get them once a year. I might share with the girls. If I do, they are subject to eat them all up. Oh well, I will share. You knew I would.
Well, I'm gonna go and try to get some sleep. We don't have to go anywhere today, so I will be sleeping late. That is why I'm doing my post now. Yall take care my friends and have a great Christmas Day. May God Bless You and Yours. "MERRY CHRISTMAS"!!!! Remember, "JESUS IS THE REASON FOR THE SEASON"!!!!


LOVE & HUGS,

7 comments:

Lib said...

Hi Karen,
Merry christmas friend! Hope you and yours has a Great day!

You just keep all those sweets, I want a piece of cornbread,Buttermilk and chopped onions.lol
I am so THankful I met you, you are such a Blessin' and add so mcuh joy to my days. Thanks!

Merry Christmas!
Tell your Dh to give you a Big Christmas hug from Lib. Special delivery via your DH.:o)
Love, &Blessins',Lib

Hope said...

Merry Christmas, Karen!! All that food from last night sounds wonderful but that cornbread and buttermilk Lib mentioned sounds great too!! Decisions, decisions!! :)
Have a wonderful Christmas Day!

Hugs,
Hope

Mary said...

Merry Christmas, Karen. This is a beautiful story. Possibly Harold got it better than anyone.

I'm glad you enjoyed your Christmas Eve and had a quiet day today. Ours was quiet except for the time we spent at my daughter's and her family. The boys were flying high last night and were up by 5am this morning and they are tired. I told her to be sure and let them sleep in tomorrow. We leave Thursday.

Love and blessings,
Mary

Betty said...

Nice story, Karen. I hope you and your family had a great Christmas. We had a good one. Enjoyed Christmas Day with my family and Christmas Eve with my stepdaughter and her family.

God bless you and yours,
Betty

Judy said...

Merry Christmas Karen! We're home from visiting with our children and grandchildren today. It rained all day! I've had a little nap and have ventured out to blogland. You mentioned in your comment to me that you love the Christmas in Dixie song. I love it too because it is so special. Alabama performs that song and I always liked everything they did...they are so "down home".
Enjoy the rest of your Christmas Day and I'll talk to you later.
Judy

Dawn said...

We had a very low-key time with our kids and grands and parents this year. It was nice.

dabrah said...

Merry Christmas Karen. It's Boxing Day here, and we're all at home just taking it easy. I hope your Christmas Day was wonderful. Ours certainly was.